MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have one of the new 2013 F4's with the silver wheels? Those look too nice to have been constructed in China.

Does anybody have photos they could post of the markings on the newest 2013 wheels (any model is fine actually). I'm just curious. It would be pretty awesome if they were Italian made again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Chinese manufacturers make things to your spec, most peoples' specs are "as cheap as possible" but if you actually want something made well, China can do it as well as anyone, but it won't be dirt cheap anymore. (Still most likely be cheaper than making anywhere else though)

·
Registered
475 Posts
People have made too much of a deal of the Chinese wheels. They're as nice as the old Brembo star and much lighter. There is a lot of high-end Chinese metal in the world these days.

Although I hear that the old Italian ones have more "passion" in them. I've never been able to get someone to quantify "passion" in terms of anything other than added vibration and weight, but that's the word on the street.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
People have made too much of a deal of the Chinese wheels. They're as nice as the old Brembo star and much lighter. There is a lot of high-end Chinese metal in the world these days.

Although I hear that the old Italian ones have more "passion" in them. I've never been able to get someone to quantify "passion" in terms of anything other than added vibration and weight, but that's the word on the street.
I just want to see the markings. Might have to take a run down to the local dealer with my camera. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Those look too nice to have been constructed in China
Yes I thought the same about the Apple iMac, Apple MacBook pro, iPad, and the Apple iPhone when we first bought them. But yes you guessed it, The worlds best computer products are Chinese made:yo: Brando

·
Registered
185 Posts
Have them on my 2013 Brutale 1090R.
Great build quality and love the design. Light and very easy to clean.
Who cares where they were build. If the quality is good it's fine for me.

For example: BMW's RR is more then half build with pieces from China ....
Welcome to the year 2013!

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,754 Posts
Harley Davidsons have LOTS of Chinese (and Mexican..etc etc) parts on them. Hell, they even use Italian EFI systems!
You want an American motorcycle you should look at Victory.

Global market and economy....good points and bad points, but it it what we are.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have them on my 2013 Brutale 1090R.
Great build quality and love the design. Light and very easy to clean.
Who cares where they were build. If the quality is good it's fine for me.

For example: BMW's RR is more then half build with pieces from China ....
Welcome to the year 2013!
Actually the BMW S1000RR is made in Germany out of German made parts. In another thread Cleophus peaked my interest. On the S1000RR the non German parts are the wheels made by OZ which is Italian. There are rumors of course but those were started mostly because of the price they offered the S1000RR at.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Harley Davidsons have LOTS of Chinese (and Mexican..etc etc) parts on them. Hell, they even use Italian EFI systems!
You want an American motorcycle you should look at Victory.

Global market and economy....good points and bad points, but it it what we are.
Interesting. Do you know what years they started with the Chinese parts and what parts they are?

·
Administrator
20,754 Posts
Quite a few years ago. Switches among other things.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Actually the BMW S1000RR is made in Germany out of German made parts. In another thread Cleophus peaked my interest. On the S1000RR the non German parts are the wheels made by OZ which is Italian. There are rumors of course but those were started mostly because of the price they offered the S1000RR at.

They get assembled in Germany!
Do you really think BMW is gonna tell the world they got chinese parts on the bike? Does MV Agusta? Or any other manufacturer? If you believe this then the BMW marketing department (and others) did their job!
Look further...

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They get assembled in Germany!
Do you really think BMW is gonna tell the world they got chinese parts on the bike? Does MV Agusta? Or any other manufacturer? If you believe this then the BMW marketing department (and others) did their job!
Look further...
Which company is more credible? Which company claims to have the most powerful bike in the world that's regularly humiliated in magazine head to head tests? Which company does not make any claims and has a bike that regularly comes out on top of the head to head tests? Food for thought. :)

I do plan to look further. If nobody else will upload photos I will. :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts