MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a new leftover F4. Are all the glitches corrected as far as shifter & other electrics. Or is this a dealer software update, that would change bike to bike, if it was on the floor for a while.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My dealer called me last week and said everything has been sorted out on mine. My quickshifter wasn't working and my throttle wasn't working but apparently the new update from August fixed it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just bought a 2014 F4RR and everything is running great. It does not have the auto blip or launch control yet, I picked it up on 5 Dec, and I have put 630 miles on it so far with no problems. I have not seen any of the problems I have read about with it yet but it only has just over 600 miles on it as we'll. I have to put it in the shop to get the oil changed and hopefully if there is a new ecu update I will get it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I just bought a 2014 F4RR and everything is running great. It does not have the auto blip or launch control yet, I picked it up on 5 Dec, and I have put 630 miles on it so far with no problems. I have not seen any of the problems I have read about with it yet but it only has just over 600 miles on it as we'll. I have to put it in the shop to get the oil changed and hopefully if there is a new ecu update I will get it.
What do you do to hang your bike form the ceiling?:smoking::banghead::)

·
Super Moderator
22,836 Posts
I was thinking it was a much improved traction control and sticky tires!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Think he is in Australia or NZ :naughty: .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Currently my 13' F4 is in the dealership with issues relating to the Exhuast valve which cause the display to shit itself with WARNING messages when riding the bike. This was the response I received from MV Australia.

Concerning the F4, we apologise for the Exhaust Valve issues you have been facing... MV Agusta Italy are VERY aware of it... This fault is in the Eldor ECU and will be rectified through a mapping update. Eldor is a third party supplier who working with MV so this unfortunately adds some delay for MV to work out of house to rectify the problem...

So to answer your question, no I don't believe that the 2013 is sorted yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
After a few more km's I have to say mine is not fully sorted yet either.

A few times randomly cuts out when riding and the 'side stand down' light illuminates on the dash. Switch ignition on and off and it is ok again.

Also sometimes throttle response from idle is not that flash or small 'blips' not always responsive.

Quickshiter works sometimes and sometimes not.

Do not have the latest 20/12/13 update yet.

Other than that power is really smooth and pulls all the way to redline and handling is great compared to other bikes I have had.
Can't wait to race it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
2,156 Posts
Gents I have ridden both the RR and R pre fuel remap and post; the difference is significant :jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm: there is more throttle resistance (not as light / sensitive) and has more of a "cable feel'; fuelling is better (no hunting on a constant throttle) so it is definitely worth doing the re map; I also had my quick shifter re programmed and its working beautifully:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
2,156 Posts
How did they increase the throttle resistance? I felt the Rivale throttle and it is alot heavier than my F3?
Not sure how it is done technically however definitely better:yo::yo::yo::yo::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Considering a new leftover F4. Are all the glitches corrected as far as shifter & other electrics. Or is this a dealer software update, that would change bike to bike, if it was on the floor for a while.
Hi JS Agusta,

I have a 2013 MV F4 (current model) the 2014 is identical except for some software upgrades. (which my bike already has through factory downloads)

My recommendation is to hold off on both the 2013 and 2014 model until the glitches are all corrected. MV is still currently working on patches for the Exhaust valve with a release due in January 2014 to fix. The exhaust valve is a big issue as it will rob power from the engine, cause it to run hot, and mess around with the idle of the engine. The warning also asks that you stop the bike immediately. The cold start, cranks sensor and phaser errors were fixed with the 20/12/2013 factory ECU download.

I'm sure there will be other glitches arise so I suggest some self control (which is impossible when looking at an F4 i must admit!) and wait it out....

In my opinion they released this bike prematurely. MV should have stuck with cable operation throttle for 2013 and sorted out the electronics first through thorough testing.

If you can't wait to buy an MV I'd recommend the Brutale 1090RR....it runs the cable throttle and from what I've heard has none of the issues the 2013 and 2014 F4's have. The dealers also rate this bike as the best MV as it is well sorted and easy to tune

From what I hear there will be a new MV F4 for 2015 with an all new engine built to modern power/weight standards. The current engine has it's foundations set 15 years ago.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Bucks 92,

I have the exact same problem with the exhaust valve that you do. I've bee ntold by my dealer that there may be a ECU download to fix this by end of January. The 20/12/2013 download fixed the sensor and cold starting issues I've been having.

I agree 100%, the 2013 and 2014 F4's are not sorted.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi MVROK.

I am not too worried at this point as my dealer gave me another 13' F4 whilst mine if getting fixed. Would be quite funny if after riding this one an exhaust valve error appeared.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have a great dealer there......I had to settle for a 1 hour train ride back to work! Right now the bike sits in the garage until the latest ECU update from ELDOR arrives.....hopefully by the end of the month.

lol would be ironic if the exhaust valve problem appears on the replacement bike!

Good luck with your repairs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi JS Agusta,

I have a 2013 MV F4 (current model) the 2014 is identical except for some software upgrades. (which my bike already has through factory downloads)

My recommendation is to hold off on both the 2013 and 2014 model until the glitches are all corrected. MV is still currently working on patches for the Exhaust valve with a release due in January 2014 to fix. The exhaust valve is a big issue as it will rob power from the engine, cause it to run hot, and mess around with the idle of the engine. The warning also asks that you stop the bike immediately. The cold start, cranks sensor and phaser errors were fixed with the 20/12/2013 factory ECU download.

I'm sure there will be other glitches arise so I suggest some self control (which is impossible when looking at an F4 i must admit!) and wait it out....

In my opinion they released this bike prematurely. MV should have stuck with cable operation throttle for 2013 and sorted out the electronics first through thorough testing.

If you can't wait to buy an MV I'd recommend the Brutale 1090RR....it runs the cable throttle and from what I've heard has none of the issues the 2013 and 2014 F4's have. The dealers also rate this bike as the best MV as it is well sorted and easy to tune

From what I hear there will be a new MV F4 for 2015 with an all new engine built to modern power/weight standards. The current engine has it's foundations set 15 years ago.

Good Luck!
regarding the 20/12 update for f4, updated mine yesterday, at sport map i felt that something dragging the engine, i tried custom map set to sport on all option, but the throttle response is still different than sport one, feels lighter.

maybe anyone that already did the update can relate to this ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts