MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 MV Agusta F4RR
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read through entirely too many "OEM quickshifter" not working threads and can't find an adequate solution to my question. So.. I have recently purchased a 2013 F4RR fitted with Gilles rearsets. Anyone out there with a recommended aftermarket quickshifter?? Thanks!

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have read through entirely too many "OEM quickshifter" not working threads and can't find an adequate solution to my question. So.. I have recently purchased a 2013 F4RR fitted with Gilles rearsets. Anyone out there with a recommended aftermarket quickshifter?? Thanks!
I have the same bike, I installed ECU studio and also purchased the sensor from ECU Studio. Up and down (QS and blipper) now works with no issue.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
There is also a genuine MV aftermarket QS for the F4, but I think it is quite expensive.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Thank you jhollis, exactly the info I am looking for and thank you very much for including the link as well!!
No problem, enjoy, ECU studio is great not only just for getting the QS/Blipper working but also for the other configurable aspects such as throttle table etc.

The genuine MV part is the other option as MacStrine mentions, can source from Evolutionbike but honestly my preference would always be ECU Studio for this part at least.

·
Registered
2013 MV Agusta F4RR
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem, enjoy, ECU studio is great not only just for getting the QS/Blipper working but also for the other configurable aspects such as throttle table etc.

The genuine MV part is the other option as MacStrine mentions, can source from Evolutionbike but honestly my preference would always be ECU Studio for this part at least.
Just as a side question, the ECU studio QS is a strain gauge and will work on aftermarket rearsets (not direct shift like the starlane) and regardless if normal or gp shift setup??

·
Registered
2013 MV Agusta F4RR
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is also a genuine MV aftermarket QS for the F4, but I think it is quite expensive.
MacStrine thanks for the info.. appreciate all the help I can get as this is my first MV.. plenty of other bikes, as well as experience (not as young as I would like to be), this mv quickshifter you are referring to is the translogic or starlane?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Just as a side question, the ECU studio QS is a strain gauge and will work on aftermarket rearsets (not direct shift like the starlane) and regardless if normal or gp shift setup??
Yes and Yes, I use valtermoto rearsets in GP shift....

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
MacStrine thanks for the info.. appreciate all the help I can get as this is my first MV.. plenty of other bikes, as well as experience (not as young as I would like to be), this mv quickshifter you are referring to is the translogic or starlane?
I have attached the image and some words I was sent by MV dealer. The price in AUD $ is about 2,500, so probably about $2000 USD? I am guessing.

There is an English member, Danosaur or something like that who is your man for advice on the subject of F4 QS I believe, certainly aftermarket QS.

The kit to upgrade to up/down quick-shifting, as well as fully adjustable rearsets, is available to order from MV Agusta:

KIT PEDANE RACING F4 COMPLETE

Note that to work correctly, this would require your motorcycle ECM to be updated at an authorised MV Agusta Dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 MV Agusta F4RR
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have attached the image and some words I was sent by MV dealer. The price in AUD $ is about 2,500, so probably about $2000 USD? I am guessing.

There is an English member, Danosaur or something like that who is your man for advice on the subject of F4 QS I believe, certainly aftermarket QS.

The kit to upgrade to up/down quick-shifting, as well as fully adjustable rearsets, is available to order from MV Agusta:

KIT PEDANE RACING F4 COMPLETE

Note that to work correctly, this wou
ld require your motorcycle ECM to be updated at an authorised MV Agusta Dealer.
Once again thanks! Appreciate the thoroughness and the attachment. Will definitely look into this as a option...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts