MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a first "electronic" surprise this morning.

The engine suddenly died while I was riding, then it didn't start again, showing a sequence of "injector 1-2-3-4 low/up fault" on the dash.
After half an hour of looking for loose connectors or frayed wires, I finally found the fuse box.
Turned out the fuse #2 was blown. Replaced the fuse with the same, 10A, turned the ignition on - blown again. Replaced it with 15 Amp fuse - works ok.

Any thoughts? Should I leave it like that or take off the fuel tank to look for.. for what?

·
Registered
938 Posts
If you have to have a bigger fuse to keep from blowing, you're probably looking for trouble.

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
Sounds like its time to take it in for warranty. It's 2 years on it. You shouldn't be blowing fuses this early in the bike

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Generally, yes, I guess it would be a bad idea to just use a bigger fuse. But the manual lists 15A for this fuse - and my bike had 10A. I'm fairly sure the problem is the fuel pump, since this fuse is for injectors and the fuel pump, and I have run my bike to dry tank just recently.
The problem is, the workshop manual doesn't list any specs for checking the fuel pump - either it works or it doesn't. If it had short-circuited, it would blow a 15A fuse same as 10A - but it works ok.
So even if I make a warranty claim out of it - what do I show to the MV?

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
I would put the stock fuse that suppose to be in the bike (assuming 10amp). Then test if it blows then that's what you take to the dealer to warranty. The bike should operate based on the specs that was delivered with the bike. We're not talking about a aftermarket exhaust that would not be under warranty but fuses that is causing a fuel pump issue is. Just my 2 cents man. We pay a lot for these bikes so at least give a snob since it is still under warranty.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Had a first "electronic" surprise this morning.

The engine suddenly died while I was riding, then it didn't start again, showing a sequence of "injector 1-2-3-4 low/up fault" on the dash.
After half an hour of looking for loose connectors or frayed wires, I finally found the fuse box.
Turned out the fuse #2 was blown. Replaced the fuse with the same, 10A, turned the ignition on - blown again. Replaced it with 15 Amp fuse - works ok.

Any thoughts? Should I leave it like that or take off the fuel tank to look for.. for what?
Just a thought, try re-installing a 10 amp fuse again to see if it now works ok. Why? sometime when you have a 10 amp problem a 15 amp fuse can some time clear the (damp,- burn the fault/tracking clear,) Its worth a try. :naughty:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
‘I am having the same issue. Injector fault 1234 low and high . Fuse 2 keeps blowing. Did you find a solution as I’m struggling to fix it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Could this be something as simple as a clogged up fuel filter? That would make life harder for the fuel pump, making it draw a higher current = blown fuse .. Just a thought ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could this be something as simple as a clogged up fuel filter? That would make life harder for the fuel pump, making it draw a higher current = blown fuse .. Just a thought ..
I just changed the fuel filter plugs oils etc not that long ago . i even removed the fuel tank to eliminate the fuel pump out of the equation and it still blows the fuse.

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
All injectors get their power supply from a common source wire. There is also a relay involved.
Get the schematic and study the wiring path from the fuse that is blowing to all the loads attached to it.

Reactions: gotojoe
1 - 11 of 11 Posts