MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'm newbies for this forums. (Sorry if my question might already exist and also i'm not Native English speaker.)

I just order the red 2013 F4RR and found some information about "Eldor software upgrade".

My question is will my bike already have the software which kinda sortout the problems associated with snatchy throttle response and ETC?

Or should i ask the Dealer for flashing the ECU with this new software afterward?

Thanks in advance. :)

B

·
Administrator
20,796 Posts
It should have the latest map already installed if you have just ordered it. Ask the dealer to confirm before you take it home.

And welcome to the family !!! Congrats on your new bike..!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your suggestion. :highclap:

Got the same confirmation from sales reps that the F4RR i just ordered will have the latest software. :yo:

Unfortunately i dont have an opportunity to test the non Eldor systems to appreciate the newest software.

Can anybody share your experience?

Thanks for your welcome!:f4:

B

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
To hb88xx

Yeah, i also curious about what the dealer sale reps inform me will be true or not?

Will let them read the version of the software once my bike arrive on late January.

Thanks! :yo:

B

·
Registered
75 Posts
Currently my 13' F4 is in the dealership with issues relating to the Exhuast valve which cause the display to shit itself with WARNING messages when riding the bike. This was the response I received from MV Australia.

Concerning the F4, we apologise for the Exhaust Valve issues you have been facing... MV Agusta Italy are VERY aware of it... This fault is in the Eldor ECU and will be rectified through a mapping update. Eldor is a third party supplier who working with MV so this unfortunately adds some delay for MV to work out of house to rectify the problem...

Overall, i hope that there is another update coming quite shortly which will solve the issue!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Currently my 13' F4 is in the dealership with issues relating to the Exhuast valve which cause the display to shit itself with WARNING messages when riding the bike. This was the response I received from MV Australia.

Concerning the F4, we apologise for the Exhaust Valve issues you have been facing... MV Agusta Italy are VERY aware of it... This fault is in the Eldor ECU and will be rectified through a mapping update. Eldor is a third party supplier who working with MV so this unfortunately adds some delay for MV to work out of house to rectify the problem...

Overall, i hope that there is another update coming quite shortly which will solve the issue!
Mate scott here known as mvf4rr has had the same issue. Pm him about how he got it fixed mate

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
229 Posts
Took my bike (2013 F4R) in for 7500mi (full major) service in May 2015; inquired about any ECU updates and was told: my bike has the latest software update (installed April 2014) don't know of the actual date of the "update" to the software. But, I have great trust and confidence in my dealer "Moto Forza". And, I am sure if there were any update since then I would have received it. -Davis

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have a copy of a letter at home showing updates for 2014 and 2015 bikes. Dated Dec 17th 2015.

No idea if ECU's are the same though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have a copy of a letter at home showing updates for 2014 and 2015 bikes. Dated Dec 17th 2015.

No idea if ECU's are the same though.
Could you post a copy when you are able? My dealer just shrugs his shoulders and say " we plug it in and if an update is available it is loaded"!

My 2013 F4RR had updates loaded in December 2014 and August 2015.

Thanks.

Tony

1 - 20 of 22 Posts