MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...............its finally here :):) (and yes, it is mine:wtf::wtf::wtf:) pics attached of the beast arriving and first ride yesterday :smoking::smoking::smoking: initial impressions (and Pete, I am being a very good boy regards running it in:naughty::naughty:) and this is compared to my 2010 F4 and the F4RR (which I had for 3 days to evaluate) this is without doubt, the "best" MV I have owned:wtf::wtf::wtf: ( and I have had nearly all of them:wtf:) I set the bikes electronics up through the Custom mode and had everything set to "standard" (and there is a lot to play with!) the only setting I changed was turning the quick shifter on; I have never ridden a bike before with one and WOW, it is absolutely amazing:f4: no more clutch for me:wtf: is incredibly seamless, fast and smooth plus addictive:jsm:(cant wait for the downshift auto blipper which will be fitted later)

The ride by wire throttle is superb and sooooooooooo smooth; makes the whole riding experience "easy" as the transition from downshifting into corners / back on the gas mid corner is effortless almost as if the bike is on auto:wtf::wtf:; the big difference however is how this bike turns / feels; the rear ride height is higher which no doubt helps however there is no effort required as it simply turns with little effort and once over is absolutely balanced / neutral; brakes are superb and front end feel is excellent; the new suspension package (Ohlin's rear, revised front) is amazing on standard settings, incredibly compliant however rock solid whilst providing great feedback:) will have to wait for the power impressions however on standard throttle / engine settings feels like there is a manic "best is yet to come" experience :wtf::wtf: so............ stay tuned for more feedback and cant wait to get to the track:yo::yo::yo::yo::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,831 Posts
Great to hear. That is one very nice bike.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous!

·
Registered
938 Posts
So you had the 2013 RR for 3 days? That would be an interesting comparison. I would have liked the RR but that's an expensive 6HP, and probably beyond my budget. + I'm not really good enough to need the better suspension.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Well Done J. I agree looks better than the RR.
Not much alloy on those wheels,must be very light

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you had the 2013 RR for 3 days? That would be an interesting comparison. I would have liked the RR but that's an expensive 6HP, and probably beyond my budget. + I'm not really good enough to need the better suspension.
B, The RR is an "extreme" super bike and the extra 6hp feels like a lot more; for us mere mortals we would more than likely be riding it on the dumbed down engine / power settings to really enjoy the bike which I guess defeats the purpose:wtf::wtf::wtf:; the R is really "an every mans super bike":):):):):jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Done J. I agree looks better than the RR.
Not much alloy on those wheels,must be very light
Adrian, yes they are lighter than the standard F4 so no doubt contributes to the handling / balance; the back tire is also a 200 (have not ridden with this size before) and I am sure that makes a difference also:f4::f4::f4::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Looks amazing! Congratulations!

I was under the impression that we were only getting the F4 and the F4RR in aus. Did you have to pull some strings?

·
Vendor
5,483 Posts
Very,very nice love it.I also like the rock under the sidestand,did that come with the bike?:naughty:

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks amazing! Congratulations!

I was under the impression that we were only getting the F4 and the F4RR in aus. Did you have to pull some strings?
:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Big congrats mate :yo: Looks superb :drummer:

(cant wait for the downshift auto blipper which will be fitted later) :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

Yes, do tell us more about that later.

Very nice package. I like it. I like it a lot.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
very nice JSM.....:f4::f4:....:highclap:

Must catch up soon to have a good look at the bike.:)

:f4:

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very,very nice love it.I also like the rock under the sidestand,did that come with the bike?:naughty:
Hey M, well spotted:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: yes, the rock did come with the bike and was part of the welcome kit:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: they are hand selected from the shores of Lake Varese and each one is numbered (mine is number 1) :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts