MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my F4 three days ago.
I have a problem with the throttle. I always adjust a new bike to suit me and the throttle is one of the things that I adjust.
Usually you can adjust the throttle cable for free play (even on fly by wire) but it seems that this is just an electrical wire rather than a cable leaving the throttle housing.
I have quite a bit of free play, so much so that it won't blip on down shifts.
Related to this, the auto blipper doesn't work either. I'm thinking that the ECU can't blip the throttle because of the excessive free play.

The dealer tells me that a new tune is coming next week that may address the issue.

Does anyone know if the freeplay is adjustable? Any input is appreciated.

Other than that it shifts very nicely when using the clutch. Coming off of a BMW S1000RR, this seems to shift way better, is more comfortable and just SEXY as HELL!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lovin that white!!!
Me too! I've always been into black and if it were available I would have gotten it again but the white really shows off the other colors.
I really like it! This is the hottest looking bike I've ever had!

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Lovin that white!!!
Get one Gary !

Welcome the the forum BSR. The bike looks great. You are one of the first few taking possession of the 13's, so you might be the one answering questions for others soon.

Hope you get it worked out the way you like it, and glad you like it better than the 1000r. It certainly looks better from the front :naughty:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get one Gary !

Welcome the the forum BSR. The bike looks great. You are one of the first few taking possession of the 13's, so you might be the one answering questions for others soon.

Hope you get it worked out the way you like it, and glad you like it better than the 1000r. It certainly looks better from the front :naughty:
Thanks! I'm liking the white more and more.
When I was riding the BMW into the dealer to trade it in I was thinking, there just isn't a damn thing wrong with this bike, but it doesn't have half of the appeal as the F4.

·
Registered
302 Posts
best looking color scheme of of the 2013's. the wheels are very cool.

·
Living the Dream
2,761 Posts
I am also a big fan of those wheels. Don't see many like that on the road. Nice bike.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
MV needs to fire their photographer. The version of white that's on their site does not do these bikes justice. Great looking machine! :)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MV needs to fire their photographer. The version of white that's on their site does not do these bikes justice. Great looking machine! :)
I was thinking the same. I just went out a took these real quick, the ones on the site just look..............well.........white.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Yeah a lot of the details are lost on the press photos. The photos I have been seeing from new owners with the white ones make them look a LOT better. :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Just picked up my F4 three days ago.
I have a problem with the throttle. I always adjust a new bike to suit me and the throttle is one of the things that I adjust.
Usually you can adjust the throttle cable for free play (even on fly by wire) but it seems that this is just an electrical wire rather than a cable leaving the throttle housing.
I have quite a bit of free play, so much so that it won't blip on down shifts.
Related to this, the auto blipper doesn't work either. I'm thinking that the ECU can't blip the throttle because of the excessive free play.

The dealer tells me that a new tune is coming next week that may address the issue.

Does anyone know if the freeplay is adjustable? Any input is appreciated.

Other than that it shifts very nicely when using the clutch. Coming off of a BMW S1000RR, this seems to shift way better, is more comfortable and just SEXY as HELL!

I picked my Red / Silver 2013 F4 last week. I was told that the map for the auto blipper and the ABS brakes are not yet completed testing but will be available soon.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts