MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I expect the new AIM dash will be a straight forward swap on the post 2013 F4 MVs.

BUT, I bet it will have to be the MV Branded one and not any standard AIM dash as the immobiliser will prevent the bike from starting. The traction control and suspension adjustment might not work either.

I have been thinking of getting one for mine, but I am running the Microtec ECU and have been told that I will lose some functionality like traction control.

I would like to hear from people who have fitted an AIM dash on a 2012 F4 RR with a Microtec if anyone on the globe has done it.

C.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I expect the new AIM dash will be a straight forward swap on the post 2013 F4 MVs.

BUT, I bet it will have to be the MV Branded one and not any standard AIM dash as the immobiliser will prevent the bike from starting. The traction control and suspension adjustment might not work either.

I have been thinking of getting one for mine, but I am running the Microtec ECU and have been told that I will lose some functionality like traction control.

I would like to hear from people who have fitted an AIM dash on a 2012 F4 RR with a Microtec if anyone on the globe has done it.

C.
Which new dash, a derived version of the MXS appears to be the base of the Claudio. Given the interface differences, single button setup changes etc, I suspect that the ECU firmware is different from the F4/F4rr and the F4RC. At the minimum I suggest it would be display + new ECU Flash. If anyone has a Claudio and doesn't mind performing some tests and logs, we could see :grin2:

at the time of writing, I'm not aware of any AIM dash (or other) which will work on the F4 (Eldor), the immobiliser and MV display must be fitted for the ECU to allow the bike to start. There are options for the F3, as they don't have the immobiliser, however the F4 is different to the F3. I'm not aware of anyone that can get round this at the moment, and that's just to let the bike start, the matter of fixing riding modes, TC, ABS settings etc is another issue as at a minimum you need the keys for the CAN messages to get around that & it ain't easy.

·
Registered
815 Posts
... I have been thinking of getting one for mine, but I am running the Microtec ECU and have been told that I will lose some functionality like traction control. .....

C.
This is correct as I understand it, but I am not 100% certain you lose the function, just the ability to change it. I would not be surprised for example, if you set the TC with the OEM dash, then swap over to the AIM, the setting you had will be preserved, you just cant change it unless you attach the OEM dash. It will all come down to how the ECU handshakes to the dash (bi-direction or unidirectional) and how the ECU would respond if a true handshake is expected.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts