MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone
I am wondering if anyone would have any thoughts as to what might be wrong with my 2013 F4.
While riding in the higher rev range the engine stops (cuts out) for a second and then takes off again.
Has anyone had similar issues and what was the result?

This has happened on the road a few times but it is happening on the Dyno at my mechanics shop. He recently installed ECU Studio and tuned my bike but in the meantime we have discovered this lose of power under load in the high rev range while under full acceleration. He suspects the coils but not getting error codes so i am looking for other possibilities to the cause of my problem.

All advice is greatly appreciated
Cheers

·
Administrator
19,833 Posts
Side stand switch??? Does it happen when you hit a bump or anything like that???

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a great theory but I not in my case, as it has happened on the road a few times but it is happening on the Dyno at my mechanics shop. He recently installed ECU Studio and tuned my bike but in the meantime we have discovered this lose of power under load in the high rev range while under full acceleration. He suspects the coils but not getting error codes so i am looking for other possibilities to the cause of my problem.

All advice is greatly appreciated
Cheers

·
Administrator
19,833 Posts
Power loss is just brief hiccup??

When a coil fails you generally don't get momentary problems, it generally continues or gets worse.

Since it is happening on the dyno it should be easy to sort (you don't have to test stuff while riding at high speed). Check all connections, again.

Reactions: Clay1001
1 - 4 of 4 Posts