MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Major issues today......
After having my bike tuned to perfection and it becoming a pleasure to ride suddenly today it is having major issues.
I was riding it around this afternoon and everything was great then suddenly the Speedo started giving false reading and the bike stalled.
I turned the key off and restarted it and off I went then it happened again. While riding it started to stall if I pull the clutch in the engine stays alive but when I go to release the clutch while still moving the the engine dies.
I had to restart the bike numerous times to cripple it home. Now the Speedo does not work at all and just reads zero. Everything else is working fine. No errors on screen and no warning lights but the bike just stalls while riding

I have just got the girl preforming so well and this happens Grrrrrrrr

Can anyone shed so light on this issue please....

Thank you in advance
Clay

·
Registered
227 Posts
Clutch in or stalling says to me have a look at the safety switch on the sidestand..

Reactions: george4337

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
have you added any aftermarket systems lately which required the battery to be disconnected? Maybe a Power Commander? You may have a bad ground. Remove the battery cables and clean them then secure them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Location of Speedometer Sensor in 2013 F4 1000

Can anyone tell or show me where the speedo sensor os on my 2013 F41000 as I am have issues with my speedo.

Thank you
Clay.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
It's in the workshop manual Clay, electrical section fault finding has a good testing procedure. It's at the rear wheel, behind the brake disc. Check that and sidestand and clutch switches.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you Donsy
I just wasn't sure whether the sensor was on the front wheel or the rear wheel.

I only have the MY10 Manual but own a MY13 F4 and having issues downloading that manual

Cheers Clay

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
@Clayton1001 - Check the notification at the second from top of this section, it's a "sticky" with a red exclamation mark next to it mate, go the my last post in that notice - Maintenance & Tech. Issues (All 4 Cyl. Models) - MVAgusta.net

Also read the "Announcement" right at the top called "Read the Please RE MV Manuals"

And there's two here, in the sticky second from the top in your model section - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/106-f4-2nd-gen-2010/85930-workshop-manuals-most-mvs-all-use-2.html

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Major issues today......
After having my bike tuned to perfection and it becoming a pleasure to ride suddenly today it is having major issues.
I was riding it around this afternoon and everything was great then suddenly the Speedo started giving false reading and the bike stalled.
I turned the key off and restarted it and off I went then it happened again. While riding it started to stall if I pull the clutch in the engine stays alive but when I go to release the clutch while still moving the the engine dies.
I had to restart the bike numerous times to cripple it home. Now the Speedo does not work at all and just reads zero. Everything else is working fine. No errors on screen and no warning lights but the bike just stalls while riding

I have just got the girl preforming so well and this happens Grrrrrrrr

Can anyone shed so light on this issue please....

Thank you in advance
Clay
Clay...Check your battery leads are not loose.

I had major probs like yours and after going up down and round it sideways, I discovered my earth lead was loose.

Hope you find it

Joe

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Guys
Thank you for your imput

Update.... I have discounted the rear Speedo/ABS Sensor and all issues have stopped except the speedo not working of course. I will replace the sensor and hope that that is the fix for my issues,

From what I can tell, the sensor is faulty and grounding out and cause my bike to stall. The stalling has stopped now I have disconnected the sensor.

i will update again when I have further results

1 - 12 of 12 Posts