MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As this is my very first post, id like to say Hey everyone! awesome forum with a lot of knowledgable people here:)

Here's the issue I'm randomly having. I'll be waiting at a red light and blip the throttle before I go on green (force of habit), and noticed the engine die. This happened 3-4 times in the past, once yesterday, and again today! I watched the instrument cluster this morning and actually saw the revs drop and the engine shut down. At First thinking it was the kick stand so I waited to see if the orange light would illuminate but it didn't.

I've searched around and am gathering some info on what could cause the engine to just die out:
- side kick stand
- tilt sensor in the tail
- kill switch (which I've taken apart and all seems fine)
- a/f ratios?

The only thing I've done to the bike is the exhaust valve mod. I've also had the 12k service done about a month ago. Service centre said they balanced throttle bodies, reset TPS. and that was mainly it for the engine. My valves were all good, so that didn't need any shims or anything.

after work today I'm going to put some dielectric grease on the plugs for the sensor, see if that helps any. I'm also going to reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery. I'm not sure if that'll help, we'll see. If anyone else has experienced this exact issue, what did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
895 Posts
The main culprit for stalling is usually the air bypass screw on #1 cylinder being fully closed, but iF your dealer has done the throttle body sync this should not be the case on yours. If you want to check it yourself here's how someone else found a quick way to do it:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178753
Try turning the screw clockwise, if it doesn't turn easily then it is closed. If so turn it anti clockwise one half turn and test your bike. If that fixes the problem, then your dealer has done a very poor job on the throttle body sync.
If it does turn clockwise put it back exactly as you found it (moving these screws will affect the throttle sync) and you're back to square one.

·
Registered
895 Posts
And btw, this thread will probably get moved to the maintenance section as soon as Donsy wakes up.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gregsotini! Appreciate the quick response back, I'm going to investigate the air bypass screw.

I have little faith the shop I went to did a good job.. they ripped out one of my LED's that tells me if the battery's charging or not up front. So with that being said I'm not even sure they synced my throttle bodies as I didn't have this issue prior to the service :S

Right after I posted this thread, I saw a tech/maintenance section.. hahah whoops!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts