MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the new exhausts would work on a 2010. The outer pipes on the new models are set back a little more, I think it looks better so i was going to try and pick up a used set if it would fit.

·
Vendor
5,492 Posts
As far as I have been told from a 2012 F4 owner,previous 2010 owner they will not fit.The mounts are different and the header/link pipe/exhaust valve are different configurations.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so we have a tie, one yes one no, we need a tie breaker.

On a related note, is there a difference between the exhaust off of a 2012 F4 and F4RR?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Yes, there is a difference in the headers between the 2012 F4 and the F4RR 2012, but they will be interchangeable. The problem I see for you is the Y10 bike had a long stroke motor, then in 2012 they went to the short stroke Corse Corta motor, not sure how this affected the heads, I'd be careful before spending $$$

·
Vendor
5,492 Posts
Ok so we have a tie, one yes one no, we need a tie breaker.

On a related note, is there a difference between the exhaust off of a 2012 F4 and F4RR?
I can put you on to the forum member that told me if you wish and you can PM him direct.He had a Bodis system for his 2010 model,then bought a 2012 model F4 and the Bodis exhaust would not fit without modification.Thats how I know.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can put you on to the forum member that told me if you wish and you can PM him direct.He had a Bodis system for his 2010 model,then bought a 2012 model F4 and the Bodis exhaust would not fit without modification.Thats how I know.
But it did fit with modification? That would be great if I could PM him to see how much time was invested into that project.

My main goal is to have as free flowing exhaust as possible while keeping the factory 4 square style tailpipes (I think its the best looking). And $3k for an MV Corse is not an option (need summer rims/tires and tune for my car this spring)

I would like to get a 2013 tailpipe mounted up to a catless header setup with a power commander.

Does decatting a stock pipe change the sound a whole lot? I would prefer not to go that route, but considering it.

·
Vendor
5,492 Posts
But it did fit with modification? That would be great if I could PM him to see how much time was invested into that project.

My main goal is to have as free flowing exhaust as possible while keeping the factory 4 square style tailpipes (I think its the best looking). And $3k for an MV Corse is not an option (need summer rims/tires and tune for my car this spring)

I would like to get a 2013 tailpipe mounted up to a catless header setup with a power commander.

Does decatting a stock pipe change the sound a whole lot? I would prefer not to go that route, but considering it.
No he did not fit the 2010 exhaust.His forum name is MvF4RR (Scott).Scott will fill you in on the details.PM him.

·
Registered
145 Posts
No he did not fit the 2010 exhaust.His forum name is MvF4RR (Scott).Scott will fill you in on the details.PM him.
Ok i have fitted the Mv Corse headers from my 2012 F4RR The difference from the 2012 to the 2013 F4RR is the 02 sensor bung is smaller got the adaptor from gusty that was sorted so fitted the headers up.

Also had Bodis slip ons but when i fitted them the idle was sitting on 1800 - 2000 rpm and there is no way of lowering the idle also the exhaust valve cannot be disconnected on this model as it sets of warning on dash.

So far have been running without the cat with no issues and idle problems yet. with the 2013 Muffler it will bolt up on the 2010 with no hassle all mounts are the same the only problem you will have is the tail tidy is different from the 2010 so you will have to update that & gutsy has them.

Also any one else that is looking at fitting the 2012 air filter to the 2013 F4 they are also different.

Hope this helps
Scott.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't know if that answers to your question, but here is a pic of the 2013 MV Corse exhaust (same shape of the "common" one) mounted on my '12 F4 RR.

It fits, but first you have to do some modifications to the plate order...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't know if that answers to your question, but here is a pic of the 2013 MV Corse exhaust (same shape of the "common" one) mounted on my '12 F4 RR.

That looks incredible. Is this just the slip on muffler or the whole system?

Where did you get the tips? I didn't know they released those yet.

Also how come your frame is black? Never saw that on an RR.

Looks beautiful, especially with the red on the wheels. Well done and thanks for the contribution.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry, I din't explain the situation completely:

I ordered the exhaust back in November, directly to MV Corse, through an official distributor (you can find it in the MV Corse section of the official website). When I checked the description of the exhaust, it contained a note saying that on 2010-2012 models a dedicated plate holder was necessary (which, by instance, was the one produced by MV Corse too - the same you can see in the pic)

Sadly, when the whole packaged arrived, I noticed that the three connection holes of the new MV Corse plate holder where in the the same position of the original one: therefore... They didn't correspond to the ones on the new exhaust! Luckily, my mechanic quickly cut and arranged the new holder so that now it fits with the holes of the exhaust.

Beside this, the exhaust goes directly on the collector, right after the catalyzer (you have to slip the Lambda probe from the old to the new one, but it's not that difficult)

Finally, I used two small round discs to create a depth (0,5 cm) between the right foot pedal attacks and their support, but maybe you don't have to do this if you use the standard foot pedals (mines are Tamburini's).

Oh… And the black frame was a standard on the 2011-2012 RR :)

·
Registered
746 Posts

I also love the look of the new short exhaust but can it color black the fairing tail with smoke or even burn?
Sometimes with MV it´s design over function...but it sure looks fantastic!:mouthwate

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mv Corse Muffler

Also check out Evolution It they sell that same rear muffler like i said you will have to replace your tail tidy here it is MV Agusta Corse F4 Y13 Inox Linkpipe and Exhausts
Code: RRSC017

Excl. Tax € 1,100.00
Compatible with: F4 1000 Y10/Y13, 1000 R Y12/Y13, 1000 RR Y11/Y12/Y13.
Inox linkpipe and exhausts homologated with black aluminium tips and MV Corse logo with indelible laser engraving.
It has the same shape which feautures the 2013 model (shorter than 2010) and it can be fitted (replacing the number plate holder) for the model 2010 ownards.
Free shipping worldwide for this item.:drummer:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep, this is exactly the same I put onto my bike… It's a great visual improvement for the bike (Actually, the only thing I didn't like in 10-12 models were the exhausts). As for what concerns the performance… I'll give you some feedbacks when the Ice Era over Europe will be over:naughty:

Also check out Evolution It they sell that same rear muffler like i said you will have to replace your tail tidy here it is MV Agusta Corse F4 Y13 Inox Linkpipe and Exhausts
Code: RRSC017

Excl. Tax € 1,100.00
Compatible with: F4 1000 Y10/Y13, 1000 R Y12/Y13, 1000 RR Y11/Y12/Y13.
Inox linkpipe and exhausts homologated with black aluminium tips and MV Corse logo with indelible laser engraving.
It has the same shape which feautures the 2013 model (shorter than 2010) and it can be fitted (replacing the number plate holder) for the model 2010 ownards.
Free shipping worldwide for this item.:drummer:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And the options are rolling in! Thanks for making this thread a huge success guys. I bought a 2013 full exhaust and I will document the install once I start the project. I'm most likely going to just decat the old header section and install the '13 tail section, then sell the old tail section and new headers. Unless there's a good reason to install the '13 headers over the '10??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts