MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nearly new 2013 Brutale RR 1090 and when I turn on the key the fuel pump runs and lots of very small bubbles eminate from under the silver housing thats clamped inside the black plastic holder.

When i start the engine then lots of big bubbles come out.

Can anyone open the their tank and with flashlight take a peek at key turn on
then engine start to confirm if this is normal operation.
I got the bike used with 550 miles,
it has never ran good it has a rapid bike ECU add on ,
and the tank was taken apart when it was new to coat the inside of the tank with that while cream coating to prevent tank damage from the ethanol.
If this is not normal then any ideas how to fix it thanks a bunch

·
Super Moderator
22,355 Posts
The 1090RR used a single fuel rail line and a pressure regulator inside the tank in order to control supply pressure. I suspect you see return fuel flow from the pressure regulator.

9 is your Fuel Pump, 18 is your fuel filter, circled in green is your Pressure Regulator:

B4 1078 Fuel System Regulator.jpg

·
Super Moderator
22,355 Posts
FWIW, I'd dump the add-on and get the ECU tuned.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
please explain how to tune the bikes ECU? a flash?
What would you do to tune it?
the issues it stalls when started from cold after about 5 mins it will idle without stalling
when riding after about 20 mins holding a constant speed from off to on throttle it stumbles.
when accelerating it goes like the hammers of hell

·
Super Moderator
22,355 Posts
please explain how to tune the bikes ECU? a flash?
What would you do to tune it?
the issues it stalls when started from cold after about 5 mins it will idle without stalling
when riding after about 20 mins holding a constant speed from off to on throttle it stumbles.
when accelerating it goes like the hammers of hell
You have multiple threads on your running issues. I told you who to contact and what to do in posts 2, 4, and 5 of this thread:http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/20-maintenance-tech-issues-all-4-cyl-models/216601-2013-brutale-1090-rr-poor-running-issues.html

If you didn't take my advice there, why would I repeat it here.

My ex-wife used to repeat the same thing over and over again until she believed it to be true. Asking the same question over and over again in different threads is very similar.....:stickpoke:popcorn::banghead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts