MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is still a work in progress but I thought I would share the first set of results. Chris at X Bikes and my local shop are still working on some additional tweaks - the software is sophisticated but also complex in it's capabilities.

It also appears that Microtec does not yet support ABS but we're hoping that's something they'll get to sooner rather than later. The results are impressive - 160 RHP and a max torque of 75 - up from 145 and 70 with the stock ECU and Arrow pipe. I put about 120 miles on the bike before bringing it back for additional refinements. Ride impressions are inline with the data - massive power in every gear with no flat spots or hitches. I can only wonder what it would be like at sea level vs. 5200 ft. It also sounds great - but not really much louder than before which is perfect for me. Arrow pipe really cleans things up and of course there's a lot less heat. The cat weighed just under 15 lbs for those keeping track.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I can't believe how much power you got. I got 110hp on the back wheel and that's already plenty for me on the road, for such a light bike.
Did you put anything on the front to avoid going wheelie?

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
That is a really impressive gain! Well done! I would love to get that work done on my '12. A few extra ponies would be nice and to even out some of the twitchy fueling. Now go carve some of those mountain roads! :)

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Seems about right. I installed a PCV and had it mapped and dynoed at 156 HP rear wheel. That's with the Arrow full system and the DB killer installed. Stock air filter. I have a BMC air filter on order

·
Registered
606 Posts
Congrats for your results!!

I see your engine now revving upt to 12200 rpm - that is what MV Agusta claims.

Mine hit the rev limiter at 11500 rpm. Now with the rev limiter set up to 12200 rpm mine got 167 rwhp.

Same MV Corse or Arrow header, but with snorkels of the airbox removed.

Really hard to keep the front wheel down...

In my opinion the 13+ years of the RR make use of a detuned F4 1078 engine..

Really amazing what you can get out of this engine with some little mods.

Jochen

·
Registered
73 Posts
Awesome results!! Never thought it would be possible to make the smile factor more intense, but here it is. Did you keep the stock cans and use an arrow midpipe?

Nice work!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Unfortunately I will not be able to use the Microtec on my bike and Chris at X Bikes has agreed to take it back. Here's the problem - apparently Microtec does not currently support ABS and because the ABS system feeds wheel speed which in turn transmits data on road speed and distance my speedo and odometer don't work. Chris didn't realize my bike was an ABS model and I failed to point this out. I could live without ABS and even without the speedo but not having the odometer work is a non-starter.

We saw this issue right away but thought we could find a work around - but no luck.

Chris has been great to deal with - no issues and I don't fault him for the issues here. He has pressed Microtec for an answer and it looks like they don't have any near term plans to support ABS on this bike.

I'm really disappointed - I really liked way the bike ran but that's the way it goes sometimes with these kinds of things. Hopefully the bike will run satisfactorily with the stock ECU and the Arrow pipe. I still love the bike and will be happy to at least be rid of the cat.

160 RHP...damn...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Damn man that sucks.... I still havent touched my stock 12' because of conflicting opinions on ECU/exhaust etc. Someday the mystery will be solved. Good luck and hope the factory ECU will work ok for ya!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got the bike back sans the Microtec ECU but with the Arrow manifold still installed - good news - the bike runs great - just like it did before we took the cat off. It sounds better, has less heat buildup and seems less 'vibey' at highway speeds. I know a few of you told me your bikes rans fine with the stock ECU and the Arrow pipe - well - you were right!

now back to enjoying the bike...i'm done f-ing with it. for a while.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Man, I live in Colorado too and I couldn't fathom what my 2010 1090RR ran like at sea level. Add another 15whp!! What a monster. Glad to see you're enjoying it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts