MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I'm going to be picking up a rashed up '13 1090 early next week. The bike sustained a rather minor impact on the RT side which lead to the speedometer splitting open on a curb. I plan to rebuild and restore this bike for myself, but I have one MAJOR concern.
I cannot find displays ANYWHERE! It appears that nobody in the world has one for sale. Mine is split wide open on the right side and is not repairable.

Before I exchange cash, this seems like it may be a major hangups as an OE replacement will run close to $1,000! If this is true, and the only option, a partout may make it's way to the page! (I hope to avoid this)
Otherwise, are there conversions or other options to replacing/repairing these displays?

I look forward to speaking more with this group and I hope to log my progress restoring this beauty!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Welcome @Turrock28, and to this fresh site.
Off the cuff when fitting my B4 with heated grips I noticed a few instrument displays.
I have no idea what it takes to connect and even if its compatible. --Just a heads up.

·
Administrator
19,512 Posts
Welcome to the family @Turrock28 .... Where in the USA are you??? You should add that info to your profile.
Is the dash circuit board damaged or just the case? I do believe your dash incorporates the immobilizer function, meaning it must be paired to the key, so if the internals are OK maybe you can fix it somehow.
Have a look at some of the manuals for your bike, available compliments of Donsy at MV Agusta Team Double 3 Racing
Good luck on the search.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is an excellent resource, thank you! I'm afraid the speedometer is too far gone. The trim around the display is broken/missing plastic and the LCD is broken open.
The rest of the rebuild is straightforward and the bulk of the parts are already on order.

·
Registered
112 Posts
As the redoubtable esq’z has pointed out the 1090 dash contains chips that run the immobiliser function. If you dash swap you would need to also either code out the immo function from the ecu or also ecu swap. I have a 1090 dash that could be used for repairs if you message me photos of your unit we can see if there’s enough to make a complete one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As the redoubtable esq’z has pointed out the 1090 dash contains chips that run the immobiliser function. If you dash swap you would need to also either code out the immo function from the ecu or also ecu swap. I have a 1090 dash that could be used for repairs if you message me photos of your unit we can see if there’s enough to make a complete one.
Yes, I understand that if I swap out I'll have to bypass/code out the immobilizer. I'll shoot you over a message of the unit in question.
I must say, this appears to be an incredibly helpful community. Thank you all for the prompt suggestions so far!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I’ve fixed a few MV dashes so far so ended up with some spares. That being said the 1090 one has a cracked lcd from a previous idiot. Cant see if yours is broken.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
@Farshore, if you are willing - I would like to purchase the screen from the Gen-2 B4 you have there.

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all!
I'm going to be picking up a rashed up '13 1090 early next week. The bike sustained a rather minor impact on the RT side which lead to the speedometer splitting open on a curb. I plan to rebuild and restore this bike for myself, but I have one MAJOR concern.
I cannot find displays ANYWHERE! It appears that nobody in the world has one for sale. Mine is split wide open on the right side and is not repairable.

Before I exchange cash, this seems like it may be a major hangups as an OE replacement will run close to $1,000! If this is true, and the only option, a partout may make it's way to the page! (I hope to avoid this)
Otherwise, are there conversions or other options to replacing/repairing these displays?

I look forward to speaking more with this group and I hope to log my progress restoring this beauty!
Hey bud. If you still have the old dash I'm in need of the rubber buttons from one of these dashes so I'd be interested in buying it from you or even just the buttons?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Do you need the dash fairing? I have one with 48 miles of use for sale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts