MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2013 1090 RR (red/white/gold) which I've had for about 6 weeks, almost up to 1700kms and having a blast. Looking at exhaust options and I was wondering what the factory headers are made of, they have gone blue which makes me think titanium rather than stainless steel, and if this true I would rather keep them. I have seen a couple of other 1090's that are also blue...

is there a way to check - partnumber etc, what they are, without taking them off the bike?

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yep steel. Have the originals (blue) on a shelf in my garage and aftermarket titanium ones in my new exhaust system (turning a different shade of blue). Happy to meet up sometime so you can see the difference etc

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the quick response. Troz, sounds good. wouldn't mind taking a look and listen to the bike in person, maybe after work one afternoon or on the weekend?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Yep steel. Have the originals (blue) on a shelf in my garage and aftermarket titanium ones in my new exhaust system (turning a different shade of blue). Happy to meet up sometime so you can see the difference etc
Stainless Steel (Inox). Hey Troz, is that 1090 of yours a 1090cc or an 1090 RR, I was just looking at the pics you posted earlier, bike looks nice man.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Standard 1090 mate. Cheers! Once its out of warranty though I'll probably head down the Cannonball kit path though I'd be keeping the Tamburini exhaust etc and going with Microtec for the ECU and tuning. Gives me a while to save the cash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts