MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I be looking out for on a secondhand 2012 F4 RR?
Any common faults?
Are they a good thing? Owners please chime in.
What's the maintenance intervals on these and what needs doing?

Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am the original owner of my 2012 F4RR. I had a couple of minor issues. First was the stock fuel/air mixture. I had a PCV installed and it cleared this right up. I had a blinker stop working and it was replaced under warranty. I replaced the stock piece with a STM clutch slave cylinder due to hard to find neutrals after the bike is up to temp. Maintenance intervals are similar to any other sports bike I have owned, though I do oil/oil filter FIY more often than recommended by the manufacturer (because I had been tracking my bike regularly). I consider all of these minor issues and you'll find some of them oft discussed here on this forum.

Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2012 R with the titanium exhaust. The exhaust is a little too close to the fairing and has burned through the insulation and damaged the fairing.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
The 2012 comes with the non electronic suspension setup. Alot better than the elecrtic suspension setup thats out with the later models.

Also a cable throttle which is a plus no ride by wire which can be hard getting use too.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The 2012 comes with the non electronic suspension setup. Alot better than the elecrtic suspension setup thats out with the later models.

Also a cable throttle which is a plus no ride by wire which can be hard getting use too.
yeah less things to go wrong too. The front headlights might fog up or get condensation in the glass.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have a 2012 R with the titanium exhaust. The exhaust is a little too close to the fairing and has burned through the insulation and damaged the fairing.
This usualy happens when the fairing is installed wrong.Even if it looks installed right.Check in detail…You might be surprised.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Theres a cheap 2014 RR on bikesales for $26k done a 1000km. Offer him 24. You never know
I'll check it out thanks.
The bike I was looking at was a 2012RR around $19000 and less than 1000K's. I liked the idea of the older bike and being able to install a Microtec ECU from Chris.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any pics on the damage?
Fairing is properly installed as are the pipes. Some of the insulation got too hot and deteriorated. I replaced the insulation

Attachments

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Thanks for going to the effort mar.
Different bike has come up.
What's the difference if any between the 13 and 14 F4 RR please?

Should be no difference. Just as long they have the latest software installed on the ecu nothing should be different.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am the original owner of my 2012 F4RR. I had a couple of minor issues. First was the stock fuel/air mixture. I had a PCV installed and it cleared this right up. I had a blinker stop working and it was replaced under warranty. I replaced the stock piece with a STM clutch slave cylinder due to hard to find neutrals after the bike is up to temp. Maintenance intervals are similar to any other sports bike I have owned, though I do oil/oil filter FIY more often than recommended by the manufacturer (because I had been tracking my bike regularly). I consider all of these minor issues and you'll find some of them oft discussed here on this forum.

Good luck!

What slave did you used, the 30mm? I'm very interested on this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts