MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi evryone im new on site hallo to you all im glad i found a forum for MV fans and owners, i need some help and i washed my f4rr and since that i have a water sensor malfunction and the bike struggles to start does anyone know where that sensor is located so i can have a look and maybe sort problem. Thanks

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
Eagleclaw;

Welcome to the Forum!

Donsy has the service manuals available at the top of the page......the manual will show the location of the sensor and give instructions for testing it

:drummer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys thanx found it had a check it was bit damp cleaned it but the two wires on sensor has play on it still gives me malfunction error. I have to send bike for service now and its still under garuntee so thell have to fix it agents that is. Anyway thanx alot guys!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys also new here. i had the exact same problem also washed my F4RR and the water sensor didn't work also didn't want to start. Found water sensor and wires were also loose when checking. They serviced and replaced it a while back on the 6000km service. Now yesterday rode the bike and my temperature on screen jumps up to full and down to like 4 bars when i ride, note: i did wash bike the day before, i went to check sensor wires feel fine and there is no dampness. but when i turn ignition there is this soft buzzing noise where spare fuses are?? Any one have any thoughts why my temps are jumping like that. Bike runs perfect water level are fine as well. i have ridden and felt bike way more warm than it was yesterday and temps showed fine back then

·
Vendor
5,277 Posts
Welcome to the forum,but you guys need to stop wet washing your bikes.Try the dry wash system by using a good quality spray and shine product with a soft cloth.Also clean all connectors and coat with dielectric grease.This is just my opinion.:)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Eagleclaw, I agree with Mitchy only do the fuses to, they are connections also. if your battery is 3 years old you might want to think about replacing it, it owes you nothing. good luck

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome to the forum,but you guys need to stop wet washing your bikes.Try the dry wash system by using a good quality spray and shine product with a soft cloth.Also clean all connectors and coat with dielectric grease.This is just my opinion.:)
Clorox disinfectant wipes: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjjtpad6OjKAhWKWh4KHURfDGYQjRwIBw&url=http://www.amazon.com/Clorox-Disinfecting-Wipes-Citrus-Blend/dp/B0061ITITE&psig=AFQjCNHsq4gUKTPlgB-gLvR3ULy-hNYe2w&ust=1455043139169243

These things are GREAT for wiping grime and dirt. They are pre-saturated. After wiping surfaces, I will wipe off with a shop towel and glass cleaner. After that, if I have time, I'll use a spray-wipe-off polish. I never sprayed down a street bike with water. Only dirt bikes or three-wheelers from the past. Also - "Purple Power" seems to be pretty good. Jim

·
Registered
666 Posts
I would use caution with Clorox products or anything bleach on painted surfaces. have you tried McGuire's quick Detailer or quick wax?

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
wtf????

........ if your battery is 3 years old you might want to think about replacing it, it owes you nothing. good luck
Frank;
you have a battery fetish......mine last 7-8 years

'08 Brutale 910R got a new Yuasa in December

:popcorn:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Noel,

it's a suggestion! I'v read here that MV installed very inexpensive batterys. his bike is 2011. now 5 years old. how much should you push it? in another thread where I recommended load testing before condemning I added a Yuasa lasted near 10 years in my RC51. That's rare. most last 3-5 years.

I my eyes they are consumable and need to be replaced before they cost downtime & damage.

Last I checked MV's aren't cheap. what is normal maintenance ? how much for a batt $150. how much for a tow? I change the tires on our vehicles & 50k mi even if they pass inspection. why?? 80% of the tread is gone spring is coming and so are the storms , now your driving on guess so tires and need to stop. how much for the law suit from the accident ? preventive maintenance is a way of life. I try to stay in front. cost less in the long run.

automotive batterys are you get what you pay for 36 month goes most times 36 months. they have this down because it's a science!

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
wtf????

Frank;
The original post was in 2014 the bike was a 2012

Eagleclaw has a ~ 5 year old bike with 6,000 km on it....

an average of 745mi per YEAR

I have no sympathy......:stickpoke

·
Registered
666 Posts
Noel,

one other thing that I questioned is the buzzing sound he has under the seat. is something calling for more voltage? don't know. is the batt really 5 years old ? toss it.

will this fix the problem , wait and see. how many post have I read where charging the batt help engine issues? several

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
??????

one other thing that I questioned is the buzzing sound he has under the seat. is something calling for more voltage?..........
WTF?????

electrical connections don't make noise........ partial shorts do

Donsy already warned you about your posts....... like 10W60 oil in a triple

which is BS

you test batteries with a load tester or hydrometer

you check the charging system with a multimeter across the battery terminals with

the engine running.....my Brutale 910R measures 14.79V at idle, contrary to what YOU

have stated, alternators do charge batteries, believe it or not

I have never used a battery tender in 1,544,000mi of motorcycle riding......

:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts