MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2012 mv F4R with 3000 miles, yesterday for first time the bike is displaying on the dash "stop the engine coolant temp hight" the temp bar goes all the way up but the coolant is not even hot. The bike have a microtec ecu,mv corse slip on and the heater decat. the bike was professional dino tune by my local shop 2 years ago, I took the microbic and put back the original ecu and a soon your turn the key the fan start and the dash keep overheating( the bike is completed cold) so i believe is the coolant temp sensor # 8000B3497 I think this is the part number.
can somebody please tell me how to test this sensor for resisting I got a very good multimeter. also if somebody have one of this as spare I will buy it if you don't need it.
sorry for my gramma english is not my strong language.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just tested the coolant temp sensor with the engine dead cold is reading 165.1 ohm and if I turn the key on the fan start and the display show full bar.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Yup, sounds like the Sensor's dead mate. And put the Microtec back.
Do you have the brand name and part number on the sensor, that way you might be able to get an alternative since you don't say where you are on this little planet ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm located in the bay area Ca, the part number that I need is 8000b3497, yes i put the microtec back to verify the temp readout it show 250f when the bike is dead cold, now let see how I'm going to find that part? since mv is not shipping parts ( that is what i hear)

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
I'm located in the bay area Ca, the part number that I need is 8000b3497, yes i put the microtec back to verify the temp readout it show 250f when the bike is dead cold, now let see how I'm going to find that part? since mv is not shipping parts ( that is what i hear)
I know what the MV part number is, I need the part number from the actual sensor on your bike, it will also probably have a manufacturer name on it :stickpoke , if you take this to an auto dealer, chances are they will cross reference it for you and get you another one.
Or give it to me and I will find the part for you elsewhere. :yo:

MV does not make temperature sensors, they buy them and put them on the bikes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
this the sensor is make by euroswitch the part number got some damage when i try to removed it read 5801x02( I'm missing the X number)if anybody can help me verifying the number on their bike it will be very helpful.

Thanks "gotojoe" - 58012302 is the full part number from Euroswitch.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Thank mate, I'll start looking, can I have a picture of the plug also, just to see the pins and the little grooves to be able to pick the same part excactly.
Have you spoken to Moto Forza to see if they might have apart for you ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i call them but they don't have in stock they said it like 2 week to order from MV witch I don't believe it since mv distribution center is not sending part to the usa

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Only two wires ?
Manufacturer 1 - http://www.euroswitch.cc/en/h-col-123.html
Model 580 by the looks of it - http://www.hidramatic.com/en/temperature-sensor/temperature-probes
This is the best one I could find - http://www.ifm.com/ifmaus/web/pmain/040_050_030_010_010_020.html

It's hard without thread size and plug pin layout - This is what I would do if I where you mate - Go to an auto car parts supplier, or another bike parts supplier. - Take that sensor with you and see if they can cross reference in their catalogues or picture/measure match something up for you. This is what I recently did - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=189666

Tridon - http://www.tridon.com.au/products/Tridon/35/483/switches-and-sensors/2013/coolant-temperature-sensors
On page 172 is where it gets good for us with the older bikes, it might not be right for you, but I'm thinking you'll see what I mean - there has to be a similar part somewhere out near you. Probably page 189 for what you're looking for ?
If you struggle with that, download the catalogue from here - http://www.tridon.com.au/catalogues/

Good luck mate - Maybe one of your fellow F4 Y10+ riders will come along and give us the whole undamaged part number which will make cross referencing much easier.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you man!,i really appreciated all the help, so far I order the part from the dealer they said 2 week (hard to believe but crossing my finger) tomorrow I will call mv usa to see if they can give me some information on the part a least the spect, if I get that I'm going to try to cross referent.if i can find the whole part number I can call euroswitch and see if the make that sensor generic and I can just cut the connector which I believe is MV agusta spect.

if somebody from outside USA can help me out calling they local dealer to see if they got it on stock the part # 8000b3497 I call the majority of dealer in the west coast tomorrow I'm calling the east coast.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
The switch is mfd by Euroswitch who are an Italian company...Alot of their production is now done in China.

The switch is stamped Euroswitch and also with a number

I have one if you get stuck but Id have to sell it at replacement cost because I would want to put it back in my engine of 1500 miles.
So in a nutshell get a new one in the States if you can.
Cycles 128 near Boston have bèen pretty good at holding spares like this.

Best of luck !

Joe

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
The switch is mfd by Euroswitch who are an Italian company...Alot of their production is now done in China.

I have one if you get stuck but Id have to sell it at replacement cost because I would want to put it back in my engine of 1500 miles.

Best of luck !

Joe
Thanks you old LEGEND !!!:yo:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Best of luck !

Joe
sir thank you for the information, as you know i have one sensor in order from MV. I would like to purchase your sensor for the full retail price plus ship and handling, the mv dealer charge me $95 including tax if you want i buy your and when my sensor get here you can buy my if you want. please let me know how much is going to be for shipping to alameda ca 94501?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok just to get an updated, I send a email to every dealer of mv agusta in the planet nobody have the sensor lol, i find a guy on eBay who was selling a completed engine and he sell me the sensor for double the price lol. So I got the sensor bike is back to normal ,now I need to start thinking in the future with this bike no part no fun bike need to go.

wondering what people are going to do if mv goes down?
why people still thinking on buying new bike from a company with a dart future?

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
ok just to get an updated, I send a email to every dealer of mv agusta in the planet nobody have the sensor lol, i find a guy on eBay who was selling a completed engine and he sell me the sensor for double the price lol. So I got the sensor bike is back to normal ,now I need to start thinking in the future with this bike no part no fun bike need to go.

wondering what people are going to do if mv goes down?
why people still thinking on buying new bike from a company with a dart future?
I'm glad you got sorted but sorry you paid so much.

I still have the sensor here on my desk...I didn't contact you because I hadn't seen this post.It's very easy to miss an individual post even when reading the forum each day.

Wish you had PM'd me.

Please don't be put off..There is a very friendly and helpful bunch of guys on this forum and we do our best to help each other out.

Joe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts