MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How loose is too loose? :)

I see many saying to keep it loose and do not over tighten because of the hub. I have 1,000 miles on her now an haven't adjusted the chain yet. Was going to today but don't have the spanner wrench because my dealer didn't give me a toolkit. I have a toolkit on the way now. Anyway the slack on a rear stand in neutral is just over 2" (supposed to be 1.97"). It's probably 2 1/4". You don't pull down on the chain when measuring correct? The service manual doesn't indicate any weight applied to chain. It also doesn't mention loosening the rear wheel nuts - just the two pinch bolts. Don't the wheel nuts need to be loosened? Do those of you with a pit bull rear stand allow the engine to turn the rear wheel while on the stand?

·
Registered
49 Posts
No it's only those 2 no rear wheel nut needed and if u have the right side socket and ratchet it's easy also you could look rear brakes and use a driver to move it a lil to adjust it,not too tight though ,have fun

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
You only undo the two swing-arm pinch bolts, you don't have to touch the wheel nut or the sprocket nut. If your owners manual does not show you the correct way to do this, then download the Workshop manual from my side and look through that.
Yes you can run your bike on the pit bull stand, just don't go silly and make sure it does not float of to the side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts