MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey good peoples I have been slowly completing projects on my bike and one of them was lowering the bike. During this process I bent this piece of plastic back one to many times now its a pain to get back in. I want to just take it off but wanted to ask is it really needed? Not really protecting the radiator and I cant say it is protecting any thing from tire/street debri either.

Thanks,

Dre

Attachments

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answer to my own question is it is not needed and is actually a hindrance for any 2012 F41000 owners..

·
Administrator
19,805 Posts
I have to say, I could not tell just what or where this part is. That said, the engineers don't add parts that aren't needed as a general rule (unless you consider the fairing panels as unnecessary.....).

Did you have any photos that better showed to location and orientation of this part? Just curious now.

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It went right up under the horn, but all parts on the bike is not needed. If I was turning it into a racing baike that would be tons of stuff that needs to be removed in order to prep it for the track. And in terms of street use everyone modifies there exhaust (get rid of the cat) and that came from the factory. So I understand your point but certainly can't agree with it. But so far bike runs just excellent without it.

·
Administrator
19,805 Posts
Must have been an air deflector of some sort...part of the aero package and possibly heat management.
I'm sure the bike will run fine without it, but it was put there for a reason originally.

Whether cosmetic or functional, the manufacture cost and attempts to build bikes that are profitable and marketable mean that nothing unnecessary is installed on a bike theses days.

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked it up it makes the horn sound louder due to the vibration from the plastic. Thats all. If they want the horn to sound louder put in a air horn or make a better one. I put in a aftermarket horn because the one that comes from the mighty manufacturer sucks..

·
Administrator
19,805 Posts
I put in a aftermarket horn because the one that comes from the mighty manufacturer sucks..
A common malady since I got into bikes 45 years ago....

Fiamm make (or used to) a great compact air horn.

and NO...loud pipes do not save lives.

Again, cost of manufacture....cheapest horn to meet homologation requirements. The plastic "enhancer" probably saved them the expense of a louder horn.?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts