MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are trimming down to 3 bikes, and have a Brutale now for my wife to ride. So now I need to sell the Monster. This thing is a blast, has VERY low miles, and has quite a little bit of $$ in goodies on it. Here is a link to my CL add where all the details can be found;

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/mcy/5664956179.html

I'll give a little forum member discount as well if anyone is interested, just let me know.

Registered
That is a really nice Monster Curtis. It seems that Monsters are holding their value quite well. As a comparison, I sold my 5.5 year old F4-314R a couple of years ago for about 45% of original MSRP, and sold my 14 year old Monster last month for about 51% of MSRP. That may be an apples to oranges comparison, but to me the Ducati Monster is the Porsche 911 of motorcycles. Ducati have made them for 23+ years now, and while there are changes and improvements over the years, the Monster is an iconic motorcycle.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
That is a really nice Monster Curtis. It seems that Monsters are holding their value quite well. As a comparison, I sold my 5.5 year old F4-314R a couple of years ago for about 45% of original MSRP, and sold my 14 year old Monster last month for about 51% of MSRP. That may be an apples to oranges comparison, but to me the Ducati Monster is the Porsche 911 of motorcycles. Ducati have made them for 23+ years now, and while there are changes and improvements over the years, the Monster is an iconic motorcycle.
I can agree on that. They do seem to hold their value very well. Unfortunately I do not have the Ducati passion, or bug, like I do for MV (and some Hondas). So far I've had a company call me asking me if they can sell it for me, and a guy wanting to come give me 80% of it in cash, and a gold/diamond ring :wtf: :stickpoke So, I'll let it sit around and wait for the right person I guess. I only have it for sale on here, my FB page, and craigslist. I'm not on any Ducati forums or groups :bawling: Hopefully someone will come soon enough so I can tinker with the Brutale before our trip in July/Aug, and the MV takeover this fall.

Registered
I've got this big ass orange bridge that I own out in San Francisco bay .......Wanna trade?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I've got this big ass orange bridge that I own out in San Francisco bay .......Wanna trade?
If you said you owned a track somewhere, I may have gone for it... :stickpoke

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts