MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im sure a lota ppl must'v asked the same question on this forum,but i cudnt help my self. I own a 2011 hayabusa n looking forward to add another bike to the garage, i used to have a 09 busa n monster 796 till last yr. Sold off the monster as i didnt find it upto the mark n due to the fact that ducati had shut shops from our city. I came to know that MVA is launching its bikes in India. Iv made my bookings and will be the first customer in India. Now heres my problem, I am supposed to get back to them in another 5 days on what bike i want. My options are clear that I want a BRUTALE, now the biggest prob is WHICH 1.
I cant go for the RR cuz after the duty n other taxes the bike will be in the range of 40-45000 USD ( yes we guys in India are paying double the amount).
Please help which 1 shud i go for.....the 920R or the 1090R

·
Registered
147 Posts
990R...the 920 has no "R"...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive been told that that the 990 wont be ther in the Indian line up, my first choice was the. 990 , also wanted to know wats the diff between the 920 n 1090, apart frm the engine n which is better to drive n sounds n looks gud

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Ive been told that that the 990 wont be ther in the Indian line up, my first choice was the. 990 , also wanted to know wats the diff between the 920 n 1090, apart frm the engine n which is better to drive n sounds n looks gud
Go for the 1090 better overall specs,great bike to ride,but at the end of the day it is your choice
cheers eddy:yo:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx guys for your suggestions, guess i will be going in for the 1090R, Lastly, as for maintenance is it awrite like japs or burns a hole in ur pocket like Duc.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
The 1090R adds power you can't use and don't need without the better brakes and suspension of the 1090RR.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi, im sure a lota ppl must'v asked the same question on this forum,but i cudnt help my self. I own a 2011 hayabusa n looking forward to add another bike to the garage, i used to have a 09 busa n monster 796 till last yr. Sold off the monster as i didnt find it upto the mark n due to the fact that ducati had shut shops from our city. I came to know that MVA is launching its bikes in India. Iv made my bookings and will be the first customer in India. Now heres my problem, I am supposed to get back to them in another 5 days on what bike i want. My options are clear that I want a BRUTALE, now the biggest prob is WHICH 1.
I cant go for the RR cuz after the duty n other taxes the bike will be in the range of 40-45000 USD ( yes we guys in India are paying double the amount).
Please help which 1 shud i go for.....the 920R or the 1090R
Rode a 1090RR as a loaner from the Dealer when my 2011 F4 was in service I love that bike and considering getting one as a commuter bike. In a review in MCM the Brutale was chose over the Ducati Street Fighter and KTM. You cannot go wrong with the Brutale. I am biased towards the 1090R but I am an F4 owner there are brutale owners who can provide feedback.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx Fazer 6, bt im nt one of those fast riders, i usually go slow its just once in the blue moon pushing arnd that i do. Also got new yest that triumph is coming in at the same time, so the choice again ....speed triple (which hs been my first choice) or the 1090r, the speedy will becheaper than the MVA...havnt seen both bikes in flesh, cuz we dont have ne of those in India. Any suggestions

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx Dahulk- iv tried the streetfighter,didnt likeit 1 bit, thts the reason i pikd up the monster last yr,bt sold that off as well, somehow feel ducs are very crude - as other people put it a tractor, dont wana be seen riding a tractor

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Thanx Fazer 6, bt im nt one of those fast riders, i usually go slow its just once in the blue moon pushing arnd that i do. Also got new yest that triumph is coming in at the same time, so the choice again ....speed triple (which hs been my first choice) or the 1090r, the speedy will becheaper than the MVA...havnt seen both bikes in flesh, cuz we dont have ne of those in India. Any suggestions
Only all the more reason to get the 920--Why add the weight and extra power of the 1090 when the brakes and suspension are the same? Just a waste of money, and increased risk of something going badly (even if only marginally). The 920 has more than enough power for anyone, if they are honest with themselves, and the 1090R (not the RR that some are assuming you are talking about) adds nothing more than a few extra ccs at the expense of increased weight and fuel consumption.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Point taken....n ur rite im considering the1090R n not RR, i guess the best option like you said will be 920, im lookng that as my second bike, smthng which is comfi for the wife, wat abt the speed triple, is it worth lookng or i shud just ignore it completly

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
The S3 is a decent bike to ride, but isn't nearly as nice or as easy to go fast on as the Brute.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Point taken....n ur rite im considering the1090R n not RR, i guess the best option like you said will be 920, im lookng that as my second bike, smthng which is comfi for the wife, wat abt the speed triple, is it worth lookng or i shud just ignore it completly
Apparently MV will be releasing a 675CC based upon the F3 engine for the Brutale. Not sure if it is comming to India though. Just something to consider

Check out the following link
http://indostiker.com/2011/09/spyshot-2012-mv-agusta-brutale-675-very-cool-design-and-fresh.html/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 675 is also coming to India, I spoke to the guy whos getting MV in India, he says we will get the 2012 range, so anythng which is not there in the latest line up wont come to India, thts sad cuz i had my eyrs set on the 990r.
As fr the S3, ive been reading online in a lota forums that MV kicks ass in a lota things like the design,looks,quality of product,engine,performance n not to forget SNOB VALUE . Where it lacks is the usability factor - u cnt use the Brut on a daily basis - smthng that Im keen on (cnt take the busa everywhere), fuel consumption and availability of parts and accessories. So how much is true??

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
ok, my mate had a speed triple and sold it, and bought a 1090,now the speed is a more comfy bike to ride than the 1090,but only because the seat is like a sponge,throttle control on the 1090 is just as good as the speed ,suspension on the 1090 is very good and you can make it even more sponge,basically adjust the suspension to your riding style,thats why it comes with adjustable suspension.Tony has had his 1090 now for 2 months and reckons it blows the speed triple out of the water,He will not go back to a speed triple.So all that you have said above is true,well I know the answer,but it is your money ,try and ride both bikes and not just for 10 minutes,at least a couple of hours,Then decide.
cheers eddy

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think the 920 has enough power and I am sure you will not be dissapointed especially if you want to use it as a everyday ride. just my 2 bits

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanx Eddy - unfortunatly I wont be able to ride any of those, The MV will be launching soon - i cant disclose the date n month as no one in India knows about that - n i'v been told not to disclose the time and date of launch. I will be the first owner of the Brut in India. So thats the price I must pay for exclusivity ;) . Thats the reason I am relying on what you guys say - my purchase will depend on you guys - As of now Its the Brutale 1090R which has more points - except the price factor. My heart n mind says Brut - considering the fact that I will be the ONLY 1 and the FIRST 1 to get my hand on the Brut :).
Sarge - Saw your album - I was floored by the 990R when i first saw it and frankly wanted that bike - but was told the 990R is NOT coming to India. As for 920 - the spec sheet is great but the look is plain jane - the 1090R has bare min graphics - but still that enhances the look n again after a couple of months everyone will try n get their hands on the 920 - whereas the 1090R or the RR will be with a chosen few ;)
So my question to all senior and experienced members - shud I go for it??

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I put 26,000 miles on my Brutale in 2.5 yrs, as a daily driver, tourer and track bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fazer 6 - that answers my question, definatly goin in fr the Brut.....thanx a lot every1, sarge, fazer6, eddy,dahulk....will post pic the moment i gt my hands on the Beastie :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts