MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had massive tuning problems after taking the bike for a major service at a mechanic in Coburg. Long story short, the bike was running so rich that you could smell the fumes, and it was becoming very unreliable starting up (probably due to gunked up sparkplugs). Took it to Peter Stevens who dyno'd it and fixed the mixture problems. It runs and starts far better now, and even reaches proper operating temperature, which it wasn't doing previously.

Anyway, they've told me I need the following:

• New headlight (glass is cracked)
  • New rear disk
  • New front disks
  • New clutch slave cylinder
It's only done 40k easy kms!
Does anyone know whether I can get any OEM replacements without having to a) Pay a premium getting them from MV b) Waiting months for the parts to arrive?
I'm in Melbourne, Australia.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's not quite so easy/attractive now the AUD isn't as strong but I've bought parts from Startwin and Pro Italia and other bits and pieces from Evolution Bike and Design Corse in the past. All were cheaper and faster than buying here. In fact I sourced a new headlight from Startwin for my own 2011 1090R a couple of years ago now.

You should be able to source non-genuine discs easily enough and for a fraction of the price. Not so sure about the slave cylinder though but others on here will know better than me.

I'm about to encounter the same problem as I try to source a new coil so will keep an eye on this thread for others recent experiences.

·
Super Moderator
22,357 Posts
You can certainly go through the site sponsors and get what you need.

As for the clutch slave, you can get any of a number of aftermarket brands that work just as well, or better, CNC/Oberon, etc.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
?

Meteoroz;
For a headlight lens try the FS/WTB Section
Rear discs are ~$20, you can have it resurfaced too
Front discs most Italian bikes use the same discs (but 5 or 6 bolts)
There are aftermarket rotors
Slave ....go to a brake rebuilder ....you need a 1 3/16" master cylinder seal
Think GM and Toyota

Best dealer Moto Forza in California

:wink2:

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
?

Meteoroz;
Just went back and read your original post.......

No way you need discs at 40,000km, that's less than 25,000mi, I'm coming up on 35,000mi and no need for discs

Measure the thickness yourself, min is marked on the discs

:wink2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts