MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I decided to change my air filter today which I did.so I replaced stock with a DNA filter.Obviously I moved the tank but did not disconnect anything.Fired her up no problem and drove to the end of the drive 10 metres.gave her a wash ,fired her up again but struggled and conked out.Now she won't start at all.so I have removed tank checked all connections twice and still nothing? Driving me nuts!

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
How did you wash that machine?

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Time to look inside the tank at the fuel hose connections at the pump/
Does the pump prime and then stop?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He it does and I've pulled it all out and looked but can't see anything untoward.I am getting bubbles when it primes but I have read that some do that anyway.I don't understand it I've only changed the air filter! Put battery on charge overnight so hoping she might be a little flooded so will try again in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
You shouldn't be getting bubbles. "Flooding" doesn't occur in FI engines.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well can't see any leaks in pipes, the bubbles are coming from the bottom of the pump.Some threads on here suggest otherwise so don't want to be chasing a red herring. It is very minimal and only happens on the prime cycle,it's more of a fizz.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Ah. Then I'd ensure that the fuel line connections from the tank (pump) to the fuel rail are truly seated. It sounds like a fuel starvation issue. Another thing to check is that none of the vent or fuel delivery lines are kinked when the tank is lowered back into position.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes that's what it feels like.Im not sure because I put the tank up high so as I could see all the lines and still nothing.I will have another look in the morning and may put a little fuel in the injectors so I can see if she will fire up.Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update! Stripped everything back and checked air filter,air box and then tank.She fired up so the lesson learned here is fuel lines have minimum room for error! Anyway took her out with DNA filter and Bodis exhaust and she flies.:) however the dash still ain't working! Lol

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Good result!
I'd disconnet the dash, clean its contacts and put it back together.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts