MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and hello I am a new member but unfortunately I have bad news.I own a 2011 F4 and last weekend had a ride out and on return washed the bike as normal.A few days later I went out turned the key and had nothing on display! All lights work along top,back light is present.So started her fine and have even done about 80 miles on her but still no display! Checked F1 fuse,removed clocks and made sure all connections dry and connected.Taken all fairings off and had a wiggle of all looms and wires that I can see.Absolutely gutted but got a feeling it's something simple? Hope that someone has a possible solution as I am at wits end. She has covered 8000 miles.

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
Welcome to the forum.Sorry you have this problem.I remember owners of 2010 models were complaining dust was getting into the cluster.So if dust can get in water can too.It was due to poor sealing.Have you got an instrument shop near you.They will be able to dissmantle,clean and reseal the instrument cluster for you.Thats all I can think of doing.Good luck.

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
?

Allen;
remove the display, and if the back is removable do so....

leave it in a warm dry place over night to dry out.....I know "is there a dry place in the UK...right now?"

get some dielectric grease and coat the contacts in the plug

that should solve your problem

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys ,I have already removed the clocks and put them somewhere dry but still no good.I did remove th back of the display also but didn't want to remove the bit with the electronics as I didn't want to screw it up even more! I also have dust at the lower left section of the clock display.Perhaps I will try this dialectric grease. Thanks again !

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
You can try the grease but I am thinking the moisture is internal so an instrument shop might be the way to go.:)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
2010 models were complaining dust was getting into the cluster
Actually, I think where dust is seem accumulating in the cluster, it's not getting in from outside, but one of the mounting pins that fixes the circuit board in place within the cluster is being worn away by vibrations.

Si

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right I'm now thinking strip the display down has anyon done this? I might as well attempt to get the dust out if I can get to it and give it a complete dry and clean.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I do not know if yours is the same as mine 2005 F4, I had some problems with my display and it was a loose connector at somewhere near in front, by the right lower side of the headlight unit, I assume that when I washed, I must have moved and pulled it, and after several times this happening I finally went an pushed the wires against the headlight unit, and made sure that when I washed my bike I did not pull the wire cable.

Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well its all back together and i managed to get the dust out!.However i still have no display so im guessing im gonna have to go through the wiring! Such a pain and to be honest im dissapointed that this can happen to such a new bike. Onwards and upwards though ....no point moaning about it when i could be finding the fault that hopefully might help others in the future!

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
Have you checked the pin to pin voltage on the display connector?

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
It's hard to troubleshoot electrical problems without the proper tools.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right I have a volt meter so will try and see what I find. I am sure more people will or would of had this problem? I'm thinking it must be pin 1 as it's the main power and I have absolutely nothing on dash so it has to be a fault in that area.Its very frustrating now as I can not see anything obvious.:(

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
So you have had this issue since February.Why don't you take the panel to a instrument shop where they have the correct testing equipment and knowhow?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update on this. I think I have found the problem however it is on another thread and my findings are interesting with photos.It is posted on the thread : sick to death of 2010 F4.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts