MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[/ATTACH]Hey guys I'm new ..I bought my first mv agusta 1090r brutale
with 1300km. .I did notice lil oil leak/sweat on bottom left oil sump I believe not sure what it's called I got told mv whould still warranty it as it was a common thing..anyways love the bike just ordered my full arrow thunder exhaust many more upgrade to follow, any idea's ,advice suggestions ..my last bike was a speed triple 1050..thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome! This forum is a wealth of knowledge so you've come to the right place. I went from a Speed Triple to a 1090R also and haven't looked back, just wish I had more time to ride it...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have a 2011 too. A small leak developed in the same spot as well. Just try tightening the cover up some, be careful to not ham fist it though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The cover is fitted with an o-ring which would normally seal properly, however, this cover is well recognized by MV as requiring a thin coating of silicone gasket sealant to avoid any weeps. Remove the cover, wipe up the few drops of oil inside, This is common, and do not remove the phonic wheel to check the oil seal for leaks. Simply degrease the sealing faces and use silicone. Permatex Ultra Black is recommended, by this writer.

If you have not already acquired a workshop manual, your 1090 requires two; a chassis manual, and an engine manual, download one for free from Donsy's excellent web site. Dons has worked very hard to help owners maintain their machines, meet him halfway and use the free resource to your advantage.

Once you have the manual, familiarize yourself with the well documented torque values for essentially every fastener on the bike, follow MV's recommendations for torque and avoid recommendations to tighten fasteners "up some". Properly pulled up to the specified value, the correct fastener will not fail, fall out on the road, nor strip the thread. A good and well maintained torque wrench is cheap insurance.

Ride safely,
Dick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts