MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the site for clear direction on taking off my front tire. I've found info on the rear which helped me in taking off the rear tire. Now I'm trying to take off my front I have the 26mm 12 pt socket and an impact but no luck. From what I've read the front is counter clockwise?? Any suggestions?
Thx!
K

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
No it's not counter clockwise, did you undo the axle clamp bolts at the bottom of the forks ?
Have you looked in the Workshop manuals, which you can download from my web page ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Donsi, I'm am far from being mechanically inclined... I can ride like a bat out of hell and fix your computer for you but when it comes to fixing things I need detailed info.. I tried looking for the manual I know how much it pisses you off when people are lazy... I spent half an hour looking and was frustrated.. So Thx for the response I didn't loosen the axel nuts good tip.. Now I just have to go clockwise I see by your post.. Front tire right.. ?.. Cheers
K

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The manual does explain It pretty well. Hopefully you have a lift that lifts the front from the triple clamp. I used my fork lift, but it made reinstall a pain because the end turned a bit. I also tie wrapped the forks to the lift to avoid them slipping off.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hey Donsi, I'm am far from being mechanically inclined... I can ride like a bat out of hell and fix your computer for you but when it comes to fixing things I need detailed info.. I tried looking for the manual I know how much it pisses you off when people are lazy... I spent half an hour looking and was frustrated.. So Thx for the response I didn't loosen the axel nuts good tip.. Now I just have to go clockwise I see by your post.. Front tire right.. ?.. Cheers
K
No Worries
The name's Donsy or Dons. The manuals are here - look at the sticky at the top of the page - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20
And here - Bold and Coloured - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107834
And in my signature on the advertised website - http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/manuals.php

Good luck, please don't strip those bolts.

·
Administrator
19,486 Posts
All the front fork and wheel fasteners and axle are "Righty Tighty - Lefty Loosy"....there are no "left hand" threads in the front end.

·
Registered
14,401 Posts
really????

No it's not counter clockwise, did you undo the axle clamp bolts at the bottom of the forks ?
Just brilliant Donsy.....

you might want to rethink that.....the front axle has a right hand thread
:jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff::stickpoke:stickpoke:stickpoke

:loser:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Just brilliant Donsy.....

you might want to rethink that.....the front axle has a right hand thread
:jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff::stickpoke:stickpoke:stickpoke

:loser:
Go play with yourself Noel, I'm getting sick of your stick poke and loser comments, I assumed as the OP posted, that he was referring to the threads being 'counter clockwise", as the rear is, I think he understood what Ed and I where trying to say, pity you cant, and if he didn't, then he should get someone to do it for him as he said.
I didn't quite read the rest of KJL's response till after Ed posted, and I figured that would be enough.
Others might take you calling them names, I wont stoop to your level, if you have a problem, send me another of your sweet PM's, or just stop being so rude.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts