·
Administrator
20,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Interesting on both counts.

Not heard anything yet over here...doesn't mean there isn't a problem though. Remember the Maclaren push chair stuff, huge recall in the US...over here, "...what problem, there is no problem" :jerkoff:

Maybe its coz you lot are a bit more litigious.:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just called Pro Italia. They said they don't know much about it yet or have the parts to fix it. This is just great!. Im telling you I'm starting to miss my old 2010 Ducati 1198 (which was stolen unfortunately) more and more.. My 2010 MV Agusta F4 is currently leaking oil, I'm waiting for a new headlight unit for replacement due to condensation, new heat insulation shields needs to be completely replaced due to original burning off and is detaching. When is that 2012 Ducati sport bike coming out again? lol.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Wow, cracking subframe. That is definitely a new one for the MV. I think I'll stick with my 312 for another year or two and let everything sort itself out.

·
Administrator
20,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Since the government just announced this I am sure that MVUSA has plans and parts supply in order and official notices will be out shortly to owners. Probably a very unlikely failure and caused by carrying a passenger or heavy load on rough roads at speed.
Personally, I wouldn't get too up tight about it unless you normally have a fat chick on the pillion and like to do jumps.
But you should still have it done as soon as you can....cause if you don't, and it breaks after you got notified, it's all on you if anything bad happens.

Is there any manufacturer that never has a recall? I seem to recall Ducati having quite a few, not to mention Honda and Kawasaki who are infamous for letting the public test their bikes. This one sounds simple.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine came with the recall notice and repair instructions/parts. It was installed by the dealer before delivery.
I believe it was a subframe reinforcing bracket and a few screws.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Always good to wait for the second model where all the faults are sorted!!

My 312R is about the 5th or ??? model and still not sorted!!!!

So what about the oil leaks, heat shielding, radiator, cooling fans, water impellers, hubs, wheel bearings, lights falling out, cam chain, well nuts falling down trumpets, side covers flying into oblivion, rear seat cowls (Brutale), vibrating mirrors, lack of rear brakes, carbon tips blistering, fuel connectors, fuel hoses in tank, computer relay, battery back to front and other issues???

(I haven't had all of these issues by the way!!!!!)

I would still miss mine if I sold it!!!

Now MY BLINKERS don't work and the radiator is cracked along a cooling fin/tube which looks like the weight of the two radiators is trying to pull the horizontal tubes apart!!!! Fixed it???? with metal epoxy for how long??????

12000kms - if it was a car I would be furious!

Oh well back to the local distributor 300+k's away!! Lucky we have phones!!!!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Should have bought the extended warranty gazman! Mine has it, and it has saved me over $3K already!

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
re; bullshit

gazman;

welcome to the 21st century.......

and Beta bullshit, real engineers? they all died......a long time ago...

what village idiot can't see that you can't hang that much weight off the side straps on the upper radiator??????:wtf:

hey Rob_P, you figure out that the throttles are built BACKWARDS yet????.......you can't have the big side opening against atmospheric pressure.....the MV geniuses figured out they had an ugly stumble coming off decel.......:wtf:

gee, the throttles are sticking, so we'll retard the motor.......to kill vacuum.....brilliant!!!

now it over heats!!!! so we'll put a 2nd radiator on it.....and the "heat exchanger" :wtf:

no fucking shit, an 1000S is timed -4 deg an 1000R -10 deg, how the fuck will that work?????

so the new sub frames are cracking.....? some dickwad in purchasing got a deal on some Chinese tubing? or welding rod?

oh, it doesn't weld right?

NO FUCKING SHIT......YOU BUY SHIT.....THATS WHAT YOU HAVE.....

SHIT

sorry, my family has been seriously involved in the aircraft industry since the '20s.....when you got fired for making a single mistake....

not like today

·
Registered
28 Posts
Since the government just announced this I am sure that MVUSA has plans and parts supply in order and official notices will be out shortly to owners. Probably a very unlikely failure and caused by carrying a passenger or heavy load on rough roads at speed.
Personally, I wouldn't get too up tight about it unless you normally have a fat chick on the pillion and like to do jumps.

Is there any manufacturer that never has a recall? I seem to recall Ducati having quite a few, not to mention Honda and Kawasaki who are infamous for letting the public test their bikes. This one sounds simple.
I agree. Heck, I just received a recall notice on my 2006 Ducati Multistrada. I would rather have the subframe issue than what Ducati is recalling the 2011 Diavel and Multi for.....a steering lock mechanism that engauges while riding! Now that can ruin your day awfully fast!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I agree. Heck, I just received a recall notice on my 2006 Ducati Multistrada. I would rather have the subframe issue than what Ducati is recalling the 2011 Diavel and Multi for.....a steering lock mechanism that engauges while riding! Now that can ruin your day awfully fast!
Shit!

·
Registered
28 Posts
so the new sub frames are cracking.....? some dickwad in purchasing got a deal on some Chinese tubing? or welding rod?

oh, it doesn't weld right?

NO FUCKING SHIT......YOU BUY SHIT.....THATS WHAT YOU HAVE.....

Man, look at the bike before you rant. The sub frame is cast aluminum. You can't blame MV for trying to give the public what it wants... a lighter bike. Sometimes it takes real world testing to determine what will survive the overweight ass of us Americans.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine came with the recall notice and repair instructions/parts. It was installed by the dealer before delivery.
I believe it was a subframe reinforcing bracket and a few screws.
It looks ugly after I removed the back seat foot rests... I can't even get the screws back in, because it is made so "provisionally".
:cussing:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Has anybody successfully lobbied the importer to replace their affected subframe with a newer one? The mod kit looks absolutely disgusting, is a complete cop-out, fuck up of a solution, and as far as I can see makes it impossible to remove the battery(?)

Si

1 - 20 of 35 Posts