MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few months ago I sold my 910R and I am ready for new Brute. I just can't make up my mind...1078 seems to be very reasonably priced at t his moment (new or plenty of 500-1000mi bikes) but 1090 seems to be much improved over 1078....any words of wisdom? Anxiety is killing me :)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
1090 is a better bike. I've ridden both. OK, some plastic parts on 1090 look a bit dull, but you can always change them.

On the other hand, 1078 is more than anyone can handle on a street safely, brakes are the same, chassis is as good as on 1090, but as a complete package the 1090 is better.

If money is not a problem, I would go for a 1090.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
if you want power,torque and excitement-GET A 1078RR!!:yo:
+100 ...I have a 1078rr....superb!! and given the choice I'd go for it again in a heartbeat!!....check it out in my 'Titanium Exhaust' thread a few days ago.:mouthwate My opinion.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you want pure down right power and torque buy the 1078RR. It's a purest MV. If you want something more refined and comfortable buy the 1090.

It's personal preference. I love the last generation MV's. They are what MV's are suppose to be (in my eyes).

I sold my 910R in hopes for a better Brutale 6 months before the 2010's were shown to the public. I looked at them, sat on them and rode one, then bought a new 1078RR. :)

I also just bought a new leftover 1078 F4. Again, I just like the old design better. Tamburini was the man!

Personal preference man. Good luck.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Owners of the 1078 will say 1078

Owners of the 1090 will say 1090

Bear in mind MOST 1078 owners didn't have the option of the 1090 as it simply wasn't around , otherwise your replies may be different .

I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever choice you make , try and ride or at least sit on the two on the same day .

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you are a tall bloke , go for the 1090. It will fit you better, also it got the new improved/stronger hub., traction controll, duel mapping of the engine, Led lights front and rear nicer headlight taillight, bigger fuel tank, improved throttle( no more on/off throttle. If i where you i would go for the new one, as i will as soon as i have the oppertunety. Thas my view of the matter, with all the improvements i dont think its a bad idea to go for the new deal in this case

·
Registered
147 Posts
1090 is a better bike. I've ridden both. OK, some plastic parts on 1090 look a bit dull, but you can always change them.

On the other hand, 1078 is more than anyone can handle on a street safely, brakes are the same, chassis is as good as on 1090, but as a complete package the 1090 is better.

If money is not a problem, I would go for a 1090.
With all due respect, the 1078 and 1090 are DIFFERENT bikes.
The statement that the 1078 is "more than anyone can handle on a street safely" would appear to be refuted by all of us who ride this bike on a regular basis.
just go ride them both and pick the one that suits you and your riding style best.
:smoking:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
What I wanted to say is that you don't need any more ponies than 1078 has it. If the power of 1078 is not enough for you on the street, than your last name is probably Rossi or your are a mad man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts