MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
I'v just re-read this thread and can now see why you'v gone all arsey on me regarding the heat shielding thread. I'm sorry you got it wrong.
My comments on this thread had absolutely nothing to do with any other thread on this website. And I stand by my comment that the profile of the carbon hugger in picture one of this post is noticeably different to the MV Agusta carbon part that is shown in pictures 2 & 3 of this post which is from my 2008 312R.
That's my observation, I think that picture one shows an accentuated downward curve in its rear third that is not present in picture two or three. Also picture one shows a "skirted" area, maybe 8 to 10 mm right around the bottom of the hugger that is not in picture two or three. I hope that clarifies my point.
As for re-reading posts, go and have a look at your head shield thread. I tried helping you out there several hours ago.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
If I'm reading your first post correctly you are saying that the carbon part in the OP's hand is for the pre 2009 F4 series, then sorry no, I can't agree.
Have a look at my pictures above and have a look at the differences I point out. Also have a quick look at the shape of the area where the carbon part would meet the swing arm. That's significantly different also. Would you agree?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dear castle the carbon part on the new F4 that Mvalliance fitted is from the previous F4 and B4. I'm not talking about the shape or how it looks. I'm talking about the fitting point on the swing arm, look at the 3rd picture that he posted it you'll see the gap from the carbon part and the swing arm.

One day if you get the chance open your carbon hugger and try it on the new F4 and you'll see that it will fit but the lines wont match.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Dear castle the carbon part on the new F4 that Mvalliance fitted is from the previous F4 and B4. I'm not talking about the shape or how it looks. I'm talking about the fitting point on the swing arm, look at the 3rd picture that he posted it you'll see the gap from the carbon part and the swing arm.

One day if you get the chance open your carbon hugger and try it on the new F4 and you'll see that it will fit but the lines wont match.
This is the problem with forums, isn't it? you ask a simple question and you get some body like castle thinking he's "Ironside" (progamme on TV) trying to blind you with science. If I am correct, you were simply asking if your old hugger would fit the newer F4 Y10, Yes it will, its not 100% perfect, but its 99% ok, the screw fixing holes are the same. The picture I posted ealyer is my old hugger that was fitted to my old F4 750 then F4 1000S then 312, and now its fitted to my Y10. "GAME OVER" :yo:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts