MV Agusta Forum banner

2010 MV F4 purchase questions

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Brutista 
#1 ·
I am looking at a 2010 F4. The P.O has installed powercommander and tuned it on the Dyno and the chart looks nice and smooth. He also has a quick shifter installed.

I've never had an MV before so I am not sure what to look for? Other than the subframe recall, is there something I should worry about?

Any help is appreciated..
:f4:

#2 ·
owning a 2010 F4 myself i can say not much other then the usual stuff on bikes... only MV specific thing i can say check for is, oil leaks around the left hand side of the motor... there known for that, but its nothing major, and check around the left hand side of the airbox where it seals for oil, that will tell u if its geting any blow by oil into the airbox

#4 ·
Thanks hennessy.

Looks like the valve check intervals are 7500 miles (here in the U.S). Are the valves generally in spec with those kind of miles or do they typically need adjustment?
That almost always depends on how the bike was ridden :brutale::f4:

It wouldn't hurt to ask the owner about its riding history. Did he/she ride tracks days or local club races? Was it just a weekend entertainment tool? Was just ridden down the highway to the local starbucks for everyone to gawk at? Get a feel for how the bike was ridden and also ask for proof of service history.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.