MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just giving you an update on the bike.. So far when i got the bike.. the Choke doesnt work, the Radiator Valve hose was burned in half from the exhaust, and my oil leak off the left side F4 cover.. So I took it into California Speed sports in Livermore and got it in for its first service.. Fixing all of my known issues and resealing the F4 Side cover. Too find the bike leaking again when I get home. So what is seems like one leak has now become two But the second leak is much more serious acually being on the engine case. Which the mechanic was hoping it wouldnt be knowing that he was going to have to take the entire bike apart to get to it. So Im going to have my brand new bike that i just bought two weeks ago down for almost 3 weeks.. Im not sure if im gonna want to turn this into a lemon Law case or what... Any thoughts?

·
Registered
371 Posts
reading this thread, really make me sad. My Radiator hose was burned also, (small problem for me). I thought it is mislocated as MV is hand made. I hope mine will not experience oil leak as no dealer in my country. Oil leak from expensive italian motorcyle, no one can accept that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya Im sure if it hasnt leaked by now it wont.. I probably just got one of those monday or friday bikes haha.. I love the bike its great I cant see getting anything eles.. Im just having these issues and it just sucks at the moment..

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ya Im sure if it hasnt leaked by now it wont.. I probably just got one of those monday or friday bikes haha.. I love the bike its great I cant see getting anything eles.. Im just having these issues and it just sucks at the moment..
Thank you for your nice word, hopefully your dealer can overcome your problem in satisfying way. I also really like it a lot.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Steve Wood had the LH F4 leak, we spoke to MV at the Milan show last year, the exact words from the head warranty man were:

'Some bikes have a problem with the crankcase machining (theres a small step in between them) ideally they should have new cases, but that might make more problems (obviously does'nt trust all dealers to rebuild the engine) the dealer should oil stone the cases flat'

Now, I for one would not trust my dealer and I would have done it my self, the cases don't need to be micrometer flat, they just need the step removing as no 'O' ring will seal againt a step.

As for the 'choke' it's not a 'choke' as such, it is purely a fast idle device, it simply opens the twist grip a little

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Hey guys just giving you an update on the bike.. So far when i got the bike.. the Choke doesnt work, the Radiator Valve hose was burned in half from the exhaust, and my oil leak off the left side F4 cover.. So I took it into California Speed sports in Livermore and got it in for its first service.. Fixing all of my known issues and resealing the F4 Side cover. Too find the bike leaking again when I get home. So what is seems like one leak has now become two But the second leak is much more serious acually being on the engine case. Which the mechanic was hoping it wouldnt be knowing that he was going to have to take the entire bike apart to get to it. So Im going to have my brand new bike that i just bought two weeks ago down for almost 3 weeks.. Im not sure if im gonna want to turn this into a lemon Law case or what... Any thoughts?
I have had my Y10 now for just over 1 year and have had most of the problems you have had, however I haven,t had the Radiator Valve hose burn in half next to the exhaust, Im not sure were you mean, is it possible to take a picture of the hose were it is likly to burn, so I can keep an eye out on mine? :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya stephen its not to bad on that burnt hose.. its just a hose that comes off the radiator fluid holder.. nothing to serious.. Im not sure if theres a clamp there or not or mine fell off who knows.. But they ordered me a new one either way.. But anyways I talk to the dealer today and a tow truck is picking up the bike tomorrow.. Id ride it up there but Id rather not crash with all oil going onto my tire. I have to wait till Tuesday to talk to the owner since he is at Laguna Seca. But ill keep you guys updated..

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have had my Y10 now for just over 1 year and have had most of the problems you have had, however I haven,t had the Radiator Valve hose burn in half next to the exhaust, Im not sure were you mean, is it possible to take a picture of the hose were it is likly to burn, so I can keep an eye out on mine? :)
Mine is radiator hose where located next to the reservoir cap. The long hose touch the exhaust. It burns the hose and alomost cut it. If i am not mistaken, the hose purpose is to spill water from reservoir compartment if you fill too much water. Should be no problem eventhough it is burned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya pretty much.. i wasnt to worried about it.. It would just put water or fluid on my fairing on the inside.. Id really have to overfill it for it to be an issue haha

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Don't know about your bike but my crankshaft end cover ( F4 ) leaked when I first fitted it. I then realized it would unless the o ring was fitted.Doh !! I fitted it back on c/w the o ring. It leaked a few drops over night then stopped. It stopped I imagine as the o ring ( coated with engine oil on fitting ) swelled in its groove and sealed it up.
Hasn't leaked since.

question 1 ) Has the dealer fitted the o ring ?
2 ) Has the o ring been coated with oil ?
3 ) Has the O ring been pinched ?
4 ) I didn't use silicon sealant on the outer mating surfaces. I understand this is recommended by MV

There is no choke on my F4. It's a little lever which rotates the throttle a fraction to increase the revs on start up. The ecu takes care of the fuelling.
If when you operate the lever it doesn't increase the revs slightly...then the throttle cable is slack and turning the lever merely takes up the slack and doesn't actually open the throttle. If the cable is adjusted to remove the slack this will be rectified.

I hope you solve the problem.

joe

ps ask the actual mechanic who worked on your bike if he can show you the o type of ring they fitted from their spares store. I bet you a dollar he can't. I bet you he refitted the old one. I bet it is damaged.

Bitter and twisted ain't I !

" He who strives to seek shall find "

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Don't know about your bike but my crankshaft end cover ( F4 ) leaked when I first fitted it. I then realized it would unless the o ring was fitted.Doh !! I fitted it back on c/w the o ring. It leaked a few drops over night then stopped. It stopped I imagine as the o ring ( coated with engine oil on fitting ) swelled in its groove and sealed it up.
Hasn't leaked since.

question 1 ) Has the dealer fitted the o ring ?
2 ) Has the o ring been coated with oil ?
3 ) Has the O ring been pinched ?
4 ) I didn't use silicon sealant on the outer mating surfaces. I understand this is recommended by MV

There is no choke on my F4. It's a little lever which rotates the throttle a fraction to increase the revs on start up. The ecu takes care of the fuelling.
If when you operate the lever it doesn't increase the revs slightly...then the throttle cable is slack and turning the lever merely takes up the slack and doesn't actually open the throttle. If the cable is adjusted to remove the slack this will be rectified.

I hope you solve the problem.

joe

ps ask the actual mechanic who worked on your bike if he can show you the o type of ring they fitted from their spares store. I bet you a dollar he can't. I bet you he refitted the old one. I bet it is damaged.

Bitter and twisted ain't I !

" He who strives to seek shall find "
From Mike & I

Stephen Wood had the LH F4 leak, we spoke to MV at the Milan show last year, the exact words from the head warranty man were:

'Some bikes have a problem with the crankcase machining (theres a small step in between them) ideally they should have new cases, but that might make more problems (obviously does'nt trust all dealers to rebuild the engine) the dealer should oil stone the cases flat'

Now, I for one would not trust my dealer and I would have done it my self, the cases don't need to be micrometer flat, they just need the step removing as no 'O' ring will seal againt a step.

As for the 'choke' it's not a 'choke' as such, it is purely a fast idle device, it simply opens the twist grip a little

·
Registered
16 Posts
Brother Hi you doing, my name is Manuel i'm disgusted 2010 mv agusta f4 buyer this bike has being headaches since day one. I do understand you're concerns believe me I'm going thru it right now. 1.bike gets extremely hot. 2.Odometer has a leak collecting dust. 3.Leaking gas from the emissions canister thru the line. 4.Starter switch doesn't work till the 3rd time. Now the bike is stalling in the dealer tolled me is the ethanol in the gas which is bull shit. This bike is a Lemon, my e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mv agusta should be banned from the U.S.A. This bikes are just headaches they only last a few miles till they start deteriorating. I'm really disappointed at Mv agusta Corporation. I have a 2010 Mv agusta f4 and its been nothing but headaches since day one and the dealer is just as stupid as Mv agusta Italia they have no answer they just say that Mv is going thru a transition. I had to call the main corporation in Philadelphia and the manager started telling shit because I hade 6,000 miles like if I hade done something wrong in putting miles on the bike believe me I have law sued on this people for leaking gas while driving. My email is [email protected] if any questions. Stay with Japanese reliable and heavy duty I have a video under youtube under 2010 Mv Agusta f4 problems.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
wow

Brother Hi you doing, my name is Manuel i'm disgusted 2010 mv agusta f4 buyer this bike has being headaches since day one. I do understand you're concerns believe me I'm going thru it right now. 1.bike gets extremely hot. 2.Odometer has a leak collecting dust. 3.Leaking gas from the emissions canister thru the line. 4.Starter switch doesn't work till the 3rd time. Now the bike is stalling in the dealer tolled me is the ethanol in the gas which is bull shit. This bike is a Lemon, my e-mail is [email protected]
Welcome to the forum Mate.
Sounds a bit like you did buy a lemon, and it sounds like you bought it from the Fruit and Veg. market's.
Sorry to hear you are having a bad time, some blokes have had the leaking speedo deal and had it repaired by their dealers, as for the bike running hot- it's the first I hear of the new bikes running hot.
Starter swich and fuel leak should be repaired under warranty too. As for the bike stalling, I can't comment on that as we don't have ethanol in our fuel, so no carbon emissions cannister either. I think your dealer needs a talking to if he tell's you it is because of the fuel that your bike is stalling.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Mv agusta should be banned from the U.S.A. This bikes are just headaches they only last a few miles till they start deteriorating. I'm really disappointed at Mv agusta Corporation. I have a 2010 Mv agusta f4 and its been nothing but headaches since day one and the dealer is just as stupid as Mv agusta Italia they have no answer they just say that Mv is going thru a transition. I had to call the main corporation in Philadelphia and the manager started telling shit because I hade 6,000 miles like if I hade done something wrong in putting miles on the bike believe me I have law sued on this people for leaking gas while driving. My email is [email protected] if any questions. Stay with Japanese reliable and heavy duty I have a video under youtube under 2010 Mv Agusta f4 problems.
Hi Manuel. Sorry to hear about your problems. I have the same bike and yes there haven been issues. I'm getting my third dash due to mushrooms growing in them. The headlight is getting foggy and there have been some recalls. The one with the sub frame has been dealt with very badly by the factory but the things that matter are all right. Engine doesn't run hot at all and runs like nothing else. I believe that what counts it top notch. For some reason Italians are not able to keep water out of their electronics....
Hang in there. That bike should be fine.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Radiator leakage - 2011 mv agusta f4 - 166km

Today, I got leakage on my radiator. This is 2011 MV agusta f4, I got it on March 2011, now only 166 km

Here is the pic.

I got aprilia 2010 rsv4 and R6. They are very reliable. This is not a matter between Italy or Japan made quality. It is almost like how stupid you are to make quality goods. How difficult to make reliable radiator?

Btw i got a feeling that my left side crankcase is a bit damp. I guess there is a very thin leakage. I don't know if the bike reach 1000 km, will the leakage getting worse. ( i put my baby powder and see it is getting thin wet after turn on the engine).

I know they are all easily fixed, but I am not buying cheap China lawn mower. Those problems cannot be accepted and make me illfeel towards this so called a motorcyle art.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am so so glad that I stayed away from the latest MV!

I passed a breakdown truck last week on the motorway with an 2010 MV on the back. The owner sat in the front looked cheesed off.:banghead:

If MV keep thinking they can sell goods not fit for purpose to their non caring rich customers then they deserve to go out of business.

Some people bust a gut to buy an MV, & it will be these genuine enthusiasts who will walk away if they do not change their attitude to customer service.

They have lost me already, but I am keeping an eye open in hope they will change & win me back.:f4:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Today, I got leakage on my radiator. This is 2011 MV agusta f4, I got it on March 2011, now only 166 km

Here is the pic.

I got aprilia 2010 rsv4 and R6. They are very reliable. This is not a matter between Italy or Japan made quality. It is almost like how stupid you are to make quality goods. How difficult to make reliable radiator?

Btw i got a feeling that my left side crankcase is a bit damp. I guess there is a very thin leakage. I don't know if the bike reach 1000 km, will the leakage getting worse. ( i put my baby powder and see it is getting thin wet after turn on the engine).

I know they are all easily fixed, but I am not buying cheap China lawn mower. Those problems cannot be accepted and make me illfeel towards this so called a motorcyle art.
Looks like you picked up a stone from the road and fling it onto the radiator. You should use a rad guard!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Looks like you picked up a stone from the road and fling it onto the radiator. You should use a rad guard!!

no. it is manufacture quality matter. I am sure. I got Korea trail with hard core use, but has never experiece it. Also my other bikes. Never use radiator guard.

I thought radiator guard only for make the radiator not too dirty when in rain

1 - 20 of 167 Posts