MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, there are a few things about the new F4's design and the build quality of it which I don't care for, and the one thing that really bothers me is the biposto tail section!!

I can't understand why MV didn't follow the production pattern of the earlier F4 models, where both the Mono and biposto options were available! How often do you see someone riding an F4 with a passenger behind him/her?

I think that it breaks the flow of the design lines and is indeed very unattractive. Even upgrading it by replacing the rear seat with a cowling will not take care of the passenger foot peg mounts and the heavier shock spring rate and the heavier subframe for that matter!

Now crucify me if you think what I'm saying here in nonsense. I don't believe that they did enough studies on this subject matter to finalize the decision of only producing it this way!!:banghead:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, there are a few things that I don't care for in the new F4 design and some of the build quality of it, and the one thing that really bothers me is the biposto tail section!!

I can't understand why MV didn't follow the production pattern of the earlier models, where both Mono and biposto options were available! How often do you see someone riding an F4 with a passenger behind him/her?

I think that it breaks the flow of the design and is very unattractive. Even upgrading it by replacing the rear seat with a cowling will not take care of the passenger foot peg mounts and the heavier shock spring rate and the heavier subframe for that matter!

Now crucify me if you think what I'm saying here in nonsense. I don't believe that they did enough studies on this subject matter to finalize the decision of only producing it this way!!:banghead:

I agree with you Stephano. I much would have preferred a monoposto as I never carry a passenger (my wife took one look at the F4's passenger perch and said, "Are you f*%&*#g nuts?").

·
Registered
576 Posts
Well, there are a few things about the new F4's design and the build quality of it which I don't care for, and the one thing that really bothers me is the biposto tail section!!

I can't understand why MV didn't follow the production pattern of the earlier F4 models, where both the Mono and biposto options were available! How often do you see someone riding an F4 with a passenger behind him/her?

I think that it breaks the flow of the design lines and is indeed very unattractive. Even upgrading it by replacing the rear seat with a cowling will not take care of the passenger foot peg mounts and the heavier shock spring rate and the heavier subframe for that matter!

Totally agree.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Me too. I was sure MV would have followed what Ducati and Aprilia did by having a convertible tail section piece. One of the new F4s I saw in the showroom had a slightly faded passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I completely agree, to me this biposto setup is such a turn off that I wouldn't consider this bike unless they came with a true solo rear section. I am sure it can be bought aftermarket, but you shouldn't have to, and it will always be aftermarket. Do they sell a true solo tail section the folks of MV Special Parts?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I don't think it's terribly bad but a switch able cowl should have been offered - or at least incorporated into the design and been available after the 2010's launch.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
#1, the 1+1 doesnt have a heavier shock spring than a mono, never did! #2 the new F4 doesnt have a hinged tail section like the old one, the seat pops off and thats it, so it would not have made too much sense for them to do that because you wouldnt be able to get under the fairing if they did. Either embrace the new design or buy a old one IMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts