MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the opportunity to ride the 2010 F4 a couple of days ago. It was an offer that I just couldn't pass on. I did some highway, and some traffic riding. I'd say, it's a great bike , it's improved in several areas, and the feeling was good. Having the "old bike", I still appreciate it very much. However, I have many improvements done to my bike, that probably makes it closer to the new one. To my personal taste , the look and details ,are better on the "old one"
I won't sell mine to get the new one, but will try to save $,to add it on. The sound of the new, when on board, is great., and I can only imagine when they come out with an aftermarket exhaust.I think they did a great job. I would choose the 2010 F4 over any other 2010 brand out there.:yo:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
+1 agree

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree 100% , the old f4 is more beautiful !!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Side By Side Comparison

I had the fortune of seeing both the 2009 & 2010 F4 and Brute side-by-side.

I find it really hard to believe anyone would criticize the new BMW S100RR and praise the 2010 F4 purely from a cosmetic point of view. If you placed two (separate) headlights on the MV, it would look exactly like a BMW. If I had to describe the nose on the MV, I'd say it looks like the BMW's brother.

Now, as a MV fanatic, I can appreciate your comments on how ugly the BMW is, when compared to an MV. After all, you always support your home team.

I think the biggest frustration for the Brutale is that they integrated the turn signals into the mirrors, which are absolutely useless. So, if you replace the mirrors, you have to install front turn signals. However, I'm confident this will be quickly mitigated by one of our vendors.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The asymmetrical headlights are what makes the S1000RR ugly.

But if you added them plus a gapping hole in the middle of the F4's fairing and windscreen that cuts the bike in half, then it would look identical to the S1000RR. Otherwise, the only thing they have uncommon is a very pointy front end.

I had the fortune of seeing both the 2009 & 2010 F4 and Brute side-by-side.

I find it really hard to believe anyone would criticize the new BMW S100RR and praise the 2010 F4 purely from a cosmetic point of view. If you placed two (separate) headlights on the MV, it would look exactly like a BMW. If I had to describe the nose on the MV, I'd say it looks like the BMW's brother.

Now, as a MV fanatic, I can appreciate your comments on how ugly the BMW is, when compared to an MV. After all, you always support your home team.

I think the biggest frustration for the Brutale is that they integrated the turn signals into the mirrors, which are absolutely useless. So, if you replace the mirrors, you have to install front turn signals. However, I'm confident this will be quickly mitigated by one of our vendors.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I had the chance last weekend to ride the new F4 and the last model of the "old" design, the Millesettantotto, as Mike would say. I was really impressed by the new F4. Handling, response to the slightest move of the throttle, the sound, comfort, just name it. Very impressive.
Than I swapped bikes with Franco Bonera and rode the 1078 for the rest of the Day. First impressions were, what a heavy bike the 1078 is. Steering, falling from one turn into the next, it is heavy. Even acceleration and throttle response feel heavy compared to the new F4.
Gianfranco's verdict was short there after. Thumbs up for the new F4, neeeh for the Millesettantotto.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts