MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
In my case the dealer put the the one from the old F4 on my tank but that one wouldn't stick at the edges. He than suggested the one from the brutale. That one doesn't fit at all. While removing the first one the paint came off the tank so beware what you use!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
In my case the dealer put the the one from the old F4 on my tank but that one wouldn't stick at the edges. He than suggested the one from the brutale. That one doesn't fit at all. While removing the first one the paint came off the tank so beware what you use!
Ouch! Really?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
at lest you get to replaced under warranty

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Wow, thats a bummer! For applying and removing tank pads, it is a good way to heat the tank with a hair dryer. Plus warm they are more flexible for placing them and also better for removing them.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Wow, thats a bummer! For applying and removing tank pads, it is a good way to heat the tank with a hair dryer. Plus warm they are more flexible for placing them and also better for removing them.
I can tell you: That paint came of so easily it was like it never stuck in the first place... That tank pad however stuck really well (except for the corners)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've got a 2010 F4 on order - what colour tank pad will I go for. The bikes Titanium/silver and the tank pad choices are red or black. I'm thinking red but might it be too much?

·
Vendor
5,480 Posts
How was the tank pad adhered to the tank was it super glue, the paint should not have come off,mate I would be devistated,sorry to hear that,Mitch.

·
Registered
154 Posts
if your in the uk then i can put you in touch with someone who will do the whole bike in the paint protection film, had mine used as the template bike to make the template and had it fully covered.
can see the edges sometimes if your not careful when polishing but its better than having chips and scratches!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts