MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi---On the 2010 F4 there is a sport mode (page 90 in owners manual):f4:

I am not sure if i set it or not...The big S comes up after i push the button...but does not stay on???:wtf:

Can anyone tell me how to set the bike in sport mode and how to check to see if the setting stays on...:)

P.S. I wanted to post some pics but they are to big...:cry:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi---On the 2010 F4 there is a sport mode (page 90 in owners manual):f4:

I am not sure if i set it or not...The big S comes up after i push the button...but does not stay on???:wtf:

Can anyone tell me how to set the bike in sport mode and how to check to see if the setting stays on...:)

P.S. I wanted to post some pics but they are to big...:cry:
Mombo,
Noticed you have both the Duc 1198S and the new F4. Realize the bikes are two seperate worlds, but would appreciate yout thoughts on the differences is performance and useability.
I had a 2007 F4 1000 R and was disapointed with 2 main issues: 1) the sudden "jump" at 5/6000 rpm made riding it anywhere but the track unmanageable (IMO) and 2) I'm a bigger guy (6', 205+ lbs) and the ergs were poor for me particularly the seat tand the tank shape. From what I've read, they've addressed these issues and made the new F4 much more user friendly. If this is the case, I'd like to add it to the stable.
I ended up selling my old F4 ad got the Ducati and very happy with it. I've always admired the design of the MV and I know it's quick. Your opinions and expereinces are appreciated.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The sport mode on the Brutale is changed by pressing the starter button to get it blinking, pressing again to change the mode, and then holding it to get it to set - i can get it to change about once every 5 tries. Hope you have better luck.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get It!!!

Mombo,
Noticed you have both the Duc 1198S and the new F4. Realize the bikes are two seperate worlds, but would appreciate yout thoughts on the differences is performance and useability.
I had a 2007 F4 1000 R and was disapointed with 2 main issues: 1) the sudden "jump" at 5/6000 rpm made riding it anywhere but the track unmanageable (IMO) and 2) I'm a bigger guy (6', 205+ lbs) and the ergs were poor for me particularly the seat tand the tank shape. From what I've read, they've addressed these issues and made the new F4 much more user friendly. If this is the case, I'd like to add it to the stable.
I ended up selling my old F4 ad got the Ducati and very happy with it. I've always admired the design of the MV and I know it's quick. Your opinions and expereinces are appreciated.
I can tell you that i have owned over 30+ street bikes and this 2010 F4 is the real deal...:smoking:

You will fit perfect as i am the same size and weight...:)

Get one now because im sure they will be a sell out as soon as people start to see them on the road...:mouthwate

As for the 1198 vs MV F4...Differant but love them both...If you are adding it's a no brainer...:f4:

Danny...:brutale:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmmm....

The sport mode on the Brutale is changed by pressing the starter button to get it blinking, pressing again to change the mode, and then holding it to get it to set - i can get it to change about once every 5 tries. Hope you have better luck.
Ya i think there is a trick we are missing here...:wtf:

In the manual it shows a big S and SPORT MODE on the dash but i can't get that to happen...:lightning

It looks easy but i can't figure it out...

Maybe i have to hit the OK or SET button but it does not say to do that only to push the start button and it should be set???

Please chime in if anyone knows what's up with this sport mode...:cry:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ok one thing I have figured out is that you can't tap it like a mouse, it seems to require that you press the button firmly once, and then wait about 1/2 second before you press anything again. If you've got it to show S, it should just be a matter of waiting a 1/2 sec and then holding the start button down for maybe 1-2 seconds.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No Luck...

Ok one thing I have figured out is that you can't tap it like a mouse, it seems to require that you press the button firmly once, and then wait about 1/2 second before you press anything again. If you've got it to show S, it should just be a matter of waiting a 1/2 sec and then holding the start button down for maybe 1-2 seconds.
There has to be a better way...:wtf:

It should be easy and im not getting it...:cry:

I want SPORT MODE:lightning Please Help...:popcorn:

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Goto photobucket.com and open a account (its free), upload all of your photos there, and pist the img codes here and they will show up without any size limitations.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
you can up-load Larger files through this forum -

1)go to account (top right of This page)
2)under quick links hit "manage Gallery Album"
3)Go add photo's and videos and upload (Larger High-res shots can be done this way, only smaller files can be posted to discussions)
4)once uploaded click on the Img and there should be a small box that says "Link to forum" and a code that looks like ( IMG ) http://gallery.mvagusta.net/image_db/snohman/47336.jpg( /IMG ) -NB: using square brackets
5)copy that code and post it and the picture will show up

Post some pictures of the dash so we can see this sports mode "S" when you do capture it

·
Registered
93 Posts
Damn, that titanium with red frame looks sick! I was sure about the red/silver, now not so much. Awesome Duc as well...best of both worlds!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's what I can do... My "S" is always on in the corner of the screen. So you would assume it's on SPORT all the time. But if you press in the kill switch button. Then press and hold the start button till you see a little orange light come on in the top of the black bar above the screen. It will start flashing and you will hear something changing in the engine. It almost sounds like a switch and and throttle body movement of some sort. I think you have to do that every time you want to ride in SPORT mode. I haven't had a chance to really check it yet but I will today. So even though my "S" is always on I don't think its in the SPORT mode till I do those few things.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Here's what I can do... My "S" is always on in the corner of the screen. So you would assume it's on SPORT all the time. But if you press in the kill switch button. Then press and hold the start button till you see a little orange light come on in the top of the black bar above the screen. It will start flashing and you will hear something changing in the engine. It almost sounds like a switch and and throttle body movement of some sort. I think you have to do that every time you want to ride in SPORT mode. I haven't had a chance to really check it yet but I will today. So even though my "S" is always on I don't think its in the SPORT mode till I do those few things.
Then what is the "S" on screen for? I think as long as you have that on your screen, then you're in sport mode.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Does also a f4 1000R from 2008 have a "sport" mode?
Never heard of it but you might know.
Mine now has only been turning the throttle.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts