MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help me with this. My bike says on the documents it's a F4 R but after ordering a clip-on handlebar and it not matching, I'm now being told it's actually a F4 S. I've got no reason to disbelieve the company but until I can get the frame numbers etc. verified I'm wondering can anyone tell me the difference?

I have included pictures of my old bar and the new bar.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
What year and engine is your F4?
Which of those clip ons is the original for your bike?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dirty bottom one is from my bike. Mine is a 2010 F4 and it's the 1000 cc engine. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
Here are the part numbers and drawings for your 2010 F4...NOTE: There is not R or S designation. Just F4

6.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
Probably safe to assume that is the S then. As in standard. There is definitely and S and an R.
Not in MY10. Later years, yes.

Perhaps you have your year wrong. In either case, I believe the one with the pin is correct for your bike.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I can tell you is that it's a 2010 bike. It's the black gloss and matte black colour scheme. Its registered as an F4 R but I'm being told it's an F4 S. The replacement bar they sent was polished aluminium and is not hinged. The one on mine is hinged and a kind of brushed aluminium colour.

So are you saying mine is the R? Please forgive my ignorance but I'm very new to MV bikes.

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
If your bike is an R, it is not a 2010.
I am also saying the hinged clip in is correct for a 2010 bike...according to the parts manual.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your bike is an R, it is not a 2010.
I am also saying the hinged clip in is correct for a 2010 bike...according to the parts manual.
Definitely not an R then. It's the standard or whatever as I was told.

Appreciate all your time. Not happy with that outcome but at least it's confirmed. Thanks again.

Hopefully this can help someone else out in this position.

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
So what is the 10th character of your bike's VIN ?? That will tell us the true year model, regardless of when it was sold or registered.
You could also send your VIN to MV Agusta and ask them to confirm what you have.

Registration papers can say whatever the dealer and the government puts down. My 910R Brutale is technically a Cagiva, since that is what the state's DMV classified it as. All the registration documents say Cagiva.....but we all know it is really a MV Agusta manufactured by Cagiva.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where do I find the VIN please? I should have asked that earlier.

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
It’s on the right hand side of the headstock.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Pretty sure you have the same 2010 all black F4 as me. When ordering parts from startwin trading, I order for 2010/11 F4S. They always fit.

Hope that helps

Fred

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
Wikipedia is your friend here:

Those are just two excerpts from the Wikipedia article on MV Agusta F4

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
And the "A" in the year model character position shows it is a 2010 model. So here you have it !!
But we all know MV has not been the greatest at creating accurate parts and service information over the years.

Reactions: Fatpastyhead

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
Hi Ed, there is also a little known fact that in the transition from 2010 to 2011 there were some bikes produced with a mash-up of parts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts