MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought all the rad splitting problems were with the 2009 and earlier F4's. My 2010 F4 rad has sprung 2 leaks directly under each top mount (where the rad attaches to the frame)on the top tube. Is this a common problem with 2010+ MY F4's, or is mine just a fluke. I've not seen many complaints for 2010+ rads on the forums here, so maybe I've got an early production rad or something ?
When trying to figure out why this would happen, the split in the top tube happens on the motor side of the rad, it seems like the top rad brackets try to pivot under the weight of the rad and create a lot of stress on the top tube and splits the tube.
I've seen Joe's bracket which alleviates this pivoting action of the mount and removes the stress on the top tube, however his bracket only fits 2009 and earlier, it won't work on a 2010+.
I'm thinking to fix this problem I might have to cut out the top tube and weld it shut on the ends close to where the tube enters the side tanks.
Any help or insights will be appreciated.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
?

Don't know where you are in this World......
If you're Stateside.....

Send it to Myler's in Salt Lake City....
801-955-1421

One day turnaround

:grin2:

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Sorry to hear about your MY10 rad issue.

Pretty uncommon on these to have the top gallery burst. The Rad is stronger than earlier bikes and much better braced by the fan bracketry each side.

However as Neil Armstrong said ! It's a concern that these things are made to a price and failures can occur.

It would be worth checking the mount points for security and that the correct grommets are there etc.

Fixing it should be no great problem.. It's not my trade but I believe the standard automotive fix is a kind of epoxy resin..

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts