MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps. I have a few more (probably stupid) questions regarding my F4.

The more I look into this bike the more I can see it has not been treated well. It was sat for a very long time and has basically rotted in places so I have decided to start stripping down - That is where I am at right now.

So, I have had this amazing(lol)idea! Because the exhaust tips have gone horrible I have decided I am going to get them dipped to remove the coating then polish them up. Then it suddenly occurred to me that I can do this with the heel plates and the footpegs... annnndd then it got me thinking; is the subframe aluminum? I am hoping yes as I will get this dipped and polished as well.

Has anyone done this to the exhaust tips or any other parts? How did it turn out?

Also, is there anything mod-wise I can do to that rear back box whilst it is off?

The EXUP valve? is this needed? I don't race and the mofo was stuck solid wide open when I got the bike and I couldn't notice any difference in performance. I could not get it off that little bracket so I cut the rusting cables in order to remove the rear section of the exhaust, so its pretty dead at the moment anyway.

I am trying to do this on a budget for now. I am an engineer so I can handle tools.

Any other cheap visual mods out there? The only thing I won't be able to do anything with is some of the engine paint coming off :frown2:

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I've figured the rear subframe is aluminium so I'm dipping that, and anything else at the back end and getting it polished.

I've removed the exhaust and the tips. I've completely gutted the exup valve and I'm going to tap and bread a stainless steel bolt in in the side to plug the existing hole( I will get air and fuel adjusted accordingly upon completion)

I've attached an image of the exhaust and I'm wondering, how the hell do I mod this without cutting it in half? I've been searching all day but cannot find any info. Can I still holes in the end next to the outlets like the gazmod on the older models? Or is that a stupid idea?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In short, I think on the 2010 you will need to cut it open to modify it.

Have a look at this thread and contact https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/21-customising-performance-section/243635-2010-f4-endcan-modification.html @wowjudo and see if he has pics of what he did.
Thanks. I saw that thread earlier and already contacted him so hopefully he gets the message.

There is one on eBay that's been 'modified' but I can't see where it would have been cut open. I contacted him as well to ask how he did it but he basically told me where to go lol.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, not a lot of info about so I've spent a lot of time finding other ways regarding the exhaust. I'm pretty determined.

I've spoken with a company that makes exhausts and they will fabricate a decat and a couple of GP style exhausts for me. It's booked in, in about 2 weeks.

Added an attachment of the cans I hope to go for.

Has anyone had 2 cans fitted? Do they sound good? Performance? Looks? More than anything, do they beat the original look?

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I thought I would post an update to this as it's become more of a rebuild now at this stage.

I tore down the back end and got the suspension rebuilt here in the UK at TWSuspsenionTech. I also replaced the ride height adjuster as it was rotten.

Then I took 1 of each of the bolts that came off the bike.and got replacements from a place near me, all stainless and all at a low price.

I wasn't happy with the subframe and the battery bracket is steel and not painted (not sure if it's supposed to be) so I got those sent off and finished in the cam cover red.

New clear rear light and I'm going to add an indicator modification so they signal from behind the rear mesh. I'm trying the flowing LEDs first.

Now the bike is ready to have some exhausts made for it at Pro-Race at the weekend. Also just purchased a HealthTech exup eliminator because the bike and the servo goes mental without it.

I'll post more pics of the exhaust and the indicator mod once it's done.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,396 Posts
I do hope you will go with the 4 tip exhaust....trademark of the F4.

Yes, 2 cans are popular with the race bikes from a performance standpoint, but it just looks like another Ducati to me.

The "organ" pipes are essential to the F4 in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be honest I'm not sure. I may try and replicate something like the F4RC or come up with a trio of pipes instead.

I completely understand where you're coming from though, the 4 pipes is the MV stamp, if you will.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Each to their own but it has to be 4 pipes for me.

2 is a definite no but I do like the SC single exit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately I don't have £1600 for the power gun and my organ exhaust is pretty knackered at this stage. This is a cheaper alternative for me to to get a good sounding/looking exhaust.

It won't be like anything on eBay or other places. I won't be going for carbon either. I'm hoping when I meet the guys we can come up with a nice design that will be fitting to the MV design.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The tips need redoing and the exup valve has rotten away along with the cables. I removed the tips in order to get something done with them but lack of patience and bad drill bits kinda damaged the sleeves. So, not knackered but looking a little worn and tired.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick update on this.

I took on board what you said about the exhausts and the bike is now in trusted hands and having a 4 pipe exhaust made for it.

The end result should be something similar to attached image.

I'll keep the thread updated.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,396 Posts
That looks very nice !!! Material?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks man. It's made from high grade, thin-walled stainless steel. They offered me a titanium version but this is good enough for me.

Comes with removable baffles as well.

Also a lot cheaper than some of the others out there.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts