MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outer coils wont clean frame any tips to get them out ?

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
Hmmm...have not worked on a 2010 model. My 2008 has a very close fit on the coils, but they will come out...... If you squint your left eye slightly and place your tongue in just the right area of the left cheek...:stickpoke

Seriously, takes a bit of wiggling around and careful positioning of the wire lead. I cannot imagine the MV engineers would require the engine to be removed from the frame to replace spark plugs...that is the kind of thing only Honda does.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured it out just disconnected the opposite end in
the ecu to give me more slack to turn the coils problem solved
thanks to the service manual online here :)

·
Registered
14,677 Posts
not just Honda

I cannot imagine the MV engineers would require the engine to be removed from the frame to replace spark plugs...that is the kind of thing only Honda does.
Ed; ever work on a 390 Mustang? lift the motor or hole saw the fender wells......Ford kind of screwed that one up

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
Ed; ever work on a 390 Mustang? lift the motor or hole saw the fender wells......Ford kind of screwed that one up
Yeah, the are some Corvettes that require engine removal to get at some plugs, too!!

But just ask any tech in any dealership about working on Hondas.....the engineers do not think about servicing when designing (it's a Honda...servicing?? Not required....Idiots).....they are the hardest bikes to do routine maintenance on of any modern Japanese bikes...and many European as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts