MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I left work early, drove like a mad man, lied to my wife saying I was still at work so I could see the new F4. I was a bit surprised not to see people surrounding the bike. It was just parked in the back so I took some photos.

I did get to sit on it and it's really as tall as the old F4. I'm still on my tippy toes but with my motorcycle boats and some front & rear lowering, I could probably live with it.

It was close to some other bikes so I couldn't get fully body shot so I focused on the parts. I figure you guys already know what the entire bike looks like. So, here are the pictures:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hmmmm.....not yet impressed. Still a lot of things that I like more about the old bike vs. new bike. How did the lines look in person? How did the materials look? Some look kinda cheap on pictures? Hmmmm...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The bike looks good, apart from the cheap and nasty looking front guard and cheap rear sets.Thanks for posting

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
thanks Allan;
i noticed the huge vents in the fairing (in comparison) to the earlier F4s....i'm studying the cooling system....and hopefully will have something to post that will help us all

Noel-theknurl

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
man thanks allan you bit me
i couldn't get out from work soon
thank you for the photos

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you guys (without Facebook accounts) able to see the video? I've uploaded it to this site but I think it takes Alvin's review before you can see it.

Did I think it looked cheap? No, not really that different from the 2009 bikes. I mean, the 750 had that fake carbon fiber plastic so this isn't that bad. Actually, it looked like an F4 just updated and modernized a bit (which it really is). Someone at Pro Italia pointed out the gas tank was shaped better for those with big guts (guts not balls). There was a 312R a few bikes down and when you compare the two tanks, yes, the 2010's tank does help you move a little more forward since it down protrude as much as the old one.

If you listen to the video, you can hear someone who road the bike say that he feels it directs more heat to the rider than the older bike. So, it runs cooler while you run hotter. :)

I've been following all the posts about the new bike and I think someone mentioned the 2010 feels like an improvement over the other bike - but it's not revolution. That's the impression I got looking and sitting on it.

·
Administrator
20,411 Posts
Did you happen to note the VIN number???

Brian Catterson had good things to say about his last long term test MV.....wonder when we will see a write up on this one?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, I didn't think about the VIN. Would have been good so we'd have a rough idea on how many 2010 have been produced so far.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks for the images! Many components look sharp, others not so. Seeing the ghastly passenger pad, reminding me it is on all 2010's, continues to be a major no-no for me. But this is me.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i just got off the phone with mike at pro italia and the bike is not gone they took it last night
man i miss big time.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
thanks for the pics allan

perhaps this pic shows just how cheap some parts look compaired to older models
Cheap or just less complicated thus cheaper to make parts? Tamburini's bikes all follow the same theme, looking at the 916 and the F4 they were both made with lots of different parts, I remember when the 999 came out and the boast was the number of parts was reduced by around 40%.

This 'new' F4 has been ready to go for years, I think the original Tamburini designed replacement was 'shelved' for want of a better word and this Adrian Morton bike replaced it along with a big reduction in number of parts.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
But the new bike is priced cheaper than the old one so I'm not sure what some people were expecting. Also, considering MV's corporate situation, I think we're damn lucky (especially Chile) to be getting a bike this soon.

Okay, my impression of the bike was yes, there were some parts that were cheap like the front fender and right peg heat shield but in all honesty, how many of you would have replaced those parts with aftermarket carbon anyway? The new exhaust actually blends very nicely with the tail section. The gas cap and headlight design are very beautiful.

It's a given it's not as stunning as the original and will not have the impact the F4 did in 1999-2000 but it does make the F4 look more updated.

The way I see it is: a) if you currently have a F4, then you don't really need to feel threatened with the new bike or need to fear the desire to trade your in for a new one, because there's not a totally different bike from what you already have; or b) if you're in a market for a new bike in 2010, then the F4 is a strong contender with all the other 2010 bikes in terms of technology, price, design, and quality overall parts.

Stop being snobs ;) and give MV Agusta a break for actually getting bikes to us considering their corporate condition. If the quality of parts and exclusiveness is an issue, there's always Bimoto (which IMO have a hideous overall design).

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
But the new bike is priced cheaper than the old one so I'm not sure what some people were expecting. Also, considering MV's corporate situation, I think we're damn lucky (especially Chile) to be getting a bike this soon.

Okay, my impression of the bike was yes, there were some parts that were cheap like the front fender and right peg heat shield but in all honesty, how many of you would have replaced those parts with aftermarket carbon anyway? The new exhaust actually blends very nicely with the tail section. The gas cap and headlight design are very beautiful.

It's a given it's not as stunning as the original and will not have the impact the F4 did in 1999-2000 but it does make the F4 look more updated.

The way I see it is: a) if you currently have a F4, then you don't really need to feel threatened with the new bike or need to fear the desire to trade your in for a new one, because there's not a totally different bike from what you already have; or b) if you're in a market for a new bike in 2010, then the F4 is a strong contender with all the other 2010 bikes in terms of technology, price, design, and quality overall parts.

Stop being snobs ;) and give MV Agusta a break for actually getting bikes to us considering their corporate condition. If the quality of parts and exclusiveness is an issue, there's always Bimoto (which IMO have a hideous overall design).
I would agree with that Alan, on the cheapness front, who's going to be the first person to remove 'a' part and find a ''Made in China'' sticker:naughty: some, if not most of it must be made there

1 - 20 of 42 Posts