MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im not sure if this is a normal break in issue with the 2010 F4.. I seem to be leaking a few drops here and there of oil on the left side cover that is exposed from the fairing.. Not sure if the seal on the cover just didnt seal right or what but if anyone eles has had that issue id definetly like your thoughts before I drive up to San Francisco to take it up to the dealer.. Ive got about 350 miles on the bike so far. Ill include pictures.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya thats what I was thinking.. Thanks Hyper.. I was just looking at that ugly piece that MV put under the seat for that extra support.. I wish they would do something about it besides that piece of crap

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had a similar issue on my Y10 990 and took it back to Munroe Motor's. They have heard of a few Y10 bikes leak from the left side. They mentioned 3 issues with one being a tear down, but I was told the majority needed re-torquing or some minor part needed to be replaced.

In all honesty I don't recall the part but I have the service paperwork somewhere. My small leak occurred around 500 miles, did the 600 miles service and was told to monitor if it got worse. It got worse around 900 miles, so I took it in and they fixed it 4 days later under warranty, no leak since.

Call the service manager there and tell him about the leak.

/Amer

·
Registered
601 Posts
Maybe that was Harley Davidsons contribution to the "New Design"
For Y10, while they Owned the Company.
(mine don't leak tho)
Easy fix anyway.............

·
Registered
332 Posts
Had the same and problem lasted a few 00's km

Yes its curable and not serious however what I found out is that the upper and lower crank cases did not match 100%. Thus the oil rubber seal inside does not stop the oil from leaking. If you change the oil seal this may not stop. This is my case. Maybe yours its simpler issue and /or irrelevant. Maybe the cover is not tight enough.

So open it up and see why its leaking. If its knackered oil seal change it and probably you are done. If indeed crank cases do not match (assembly mistake) then you may have to file it a bit to bring the 2 surfaces together or use more sealant + oil rubber seal to cure. If you place your finger on the 2 surfaces join then you will 'feel' the lack of alignment (could be half a mm).

Search my threads I did write about this in 2009.

P.

·
Registered
14,503 Posts
leaker?

yes, my 3 covers weren't flat.......16" Apex grinder fixed that.......just use Silicone RTV Form a Gasket......problem over :yo:

:drummer:

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
819 Posts
I agree with hyper. You have a warranty so use it. Don't wait until it gets more miles on it. This is a dealers problem so let them fix it. Pretty sure they aren't going to give you a new side fairing even though it gets oil soaked from a faulty seal. Therefore there is no reason to piddle around on the bikes letting it piss oil down your brand new fairing panels and cases.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I agree with hyper. You have a warranty so use it. Don't wait until it gets more miles on it. This is a dealers problem so let them fix it. Pretty sure they aren't going to give you a new side fairing even though it gets oil soaked from a faulty seal. Therefore there is no reason to piddle around on the bikes letting it piss oil down your brand new fairing panels and cases.
Varium, why you trying to wind the poor guy up? Nobody said it was "pissing oil", he said, "a few drops here and there".
New Fairing?
Really?.............it's not a suede jacket, the Fairings are plastic.
Pretty safe to say this is a minor issue, 10 minute fix, and wipe
Her down.

·
Registered
332 Posts
+1. Correct- my mistake. Take it to the dealer yes dont open it up. My case I dont have one thats why I invetsigated..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the advice guys.. I have about a 100 miles till my 600 mile service so ill take it up to livermore and get it all done in one shot..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh nice Steve0.. Ill try that out thanks.. and Mr. Master it is California Speed sports.. They are an Aprilia/Mv Agusta dealer.. They sell vespas and Polaris and Can Am also.. They were pretty cool to work with..

·
Registered
14,503 Posts
oil leak?

you're willing ride around with an oil leak?.......in front of YOUR back tire:wtf::wtf::wtf:

show some initiative and be a little proactive, its your stupid ass that will hit the ground......:jerkoff:

pull the left side fairing and belly pan and wipe it down and re torque the cover bolts

what? you think thats going to void your warranty?....take pictures and show the service manager

look at dkm51's thread;
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40645

that was a nice PDI:jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff:

and i need the dealer for what?.......to order parts....because they don't stock them......you know when they are really on top of things when they don't have SERVICE PARTS

like CS and clutch hub lock washers (its the same part#)and wellnuts

I have those parts in stock with most of the nuts and bolts freshly replated

why? so i can work on my bikes
:drummer::drummer:
do i have spare hubs and new bearings for Forum members?

yup, its payback:drummer:

you're in SoCal or visiting, you need help, stop by, lunch is on you :naughty:

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Oh nice Steve0.. Ill try that out thanks.. and Mr. Master it is California Speed sports.. They are an Aprilia/Mv Agusta dealer.. They sell vespas and Polaris and Can Am also.. They were pretty cool to work with..
Okay, California Speed Sports. That's Craigg Williams place.
Did you notice the beautiful Ceramic Tile Flooring that you were walking on?
I Personally Installed all of it!

Craigg and I raced the Aprilia Cup Series back in '99, with Alex Gobert,
John Hopkins, Ben Spies, Jason DeSalvo, and all those "Crazy Kids"
Had a blast!
Anyway Craigg hired Master-Tile Company to do all the flooring in his showroom about 5 yrs ago!
I had no idea he was a MV Dealer now!
That's Awesome, he's a great guy and will definatly take care of you!
Nice Building he ownes there also, lots'a bikes, very cool indeed.
Tell him Mr.Master said Hi, and that I think he rides like a Girl. :)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts