MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few days ago, I run out gas and push the bike to the closest gas station. Damn, what a pain. ( I did open the cap and see the bottom of my tank without any gas, try to start the bike twice but only on for few seconds).

Then I filled the gas into the tank and found out it capacity only 13 litres. The spec sheet states 17 litres if i am not mistaken.

I always doubt with gas consumption on my F4 very thirsty, but if the capacity is 13 litres not 17 litres, then it is normal.

Anyone know regarding this matter?

·
Registered
322 Posts
This interesting, my light comes on and all I can put in is 12.5L. I always assumed to have another 4.5L in the tank, I was going to test that theory with this last fill; I think I will wait :).
Has anyone been able to put more than 15L in a fill up?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Few days ago, I run out gas and push the bike to the closest gas station. Damn, what a pain. ( I did open the cap and see the bottom of my tank without any gas, try to start the bike twice but only on for few seconds).

Then I filled the gas into the tank and found out it capacity only 13 litres. The spec sheet states 17 litres if i am not mistaken.

I always doubt with gas consumption on my F4 very thirsty, but if the capacity is 13 litres not 17 litres, then it is normal.

Anyone know regarding this matter?
Do you know how many miles you did?
I have never gotten to the fuel light coming on, but fill up at around 100 miles using the trip meter which I reset every fill, the most I have done is a 120miles.
This is on an F4750 which is the first bike I have owned with no reserve tank, but it does have the fuel light., which you hope you check actually works upon start up amongst the myramid of lights which all come on at once for .75? of a second when you first turn the key

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This interesting, my light comes on and all I can put in is 12.5L. I always assumed to have another 4.5L in the tank, I was going to test that theory with this last fill; I think I will wait :).
Has anyone been able to put more than 15L in a fill up?

I am sure my tank was empty, I saw inside the tank, I can see the bottom inside, dry. The engine would not start more than 2 seconds after try twice,

and the full tank was 13 litres.

So where is the rest of 4 litres? I swear i saw on brochure it states 17 litres.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know how many miles you did?
I have never gotten to the fuel light coming on, but fill up at around 100 miles using the trip meter which I reset every fill, the most I have done is a 120miles.
This is on an F4750 which is the first bike I have owned with no reserve tank, but it does have the fuel light., which you hope you check actually works upon start up amongst the myramid of lights which all come on at once for .75? of a second when you first turn the key

I never pay attention with the bike mpg. But i feel the interval to fill the gas is too close.

The light is on since last week, and i did not know that my brother steal the gas from it. He forgot to tell me. And I thought there should be enough for me to the nearest gas station. What a funny moment.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I Went to Over 4 Gallons on a Fill Up

Last weekend I was riding my 2010 F4 1000 and the gas light came on....and I was in the middle of nowhere! I went 20 more miles and finally found a gas station with high octane fuel.

The final tally was my tank then took 4.1 gallons to fill it to the top, which my calculations shows is 15.5 liters. So, I would say that 17 liters is probably correct for the total tank capacity.

The Tom
Northern Virginia, USA

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
?

and you guys can't even figure out how much gas your tank holds?????

and you're debating it too!!!!!:stickpoke

you're dangerous:wtf::wtf:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Why is a USA gallon different to a UK gallon?

1 gallon [UK] = 1.200 949 925 5 gallon [US, liquid]
1 gallon [UK] = 4.546 09 liter
1 gallon [US, liquid] = 3.785 411 784 liter

I wonder who's gallons they use in Jakarta?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why is a USA gallon different to a UK gallon?

1 gallon [UK] = 1.200 949 925 5 gallon [US, liquid]
1 gallon [UK] = 4.546 09 liter
1 gallon [US, liquid] = 3.785 411 784 liter

I wonder who's gallons they use in Jakarta?
We use litres. Unless the gas station machine broke and hooray i got some free gas, it only feed 13 litres.

I doubt the machine broke though.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try again, squeeze gas out, only fill into 13 litres. I don't know what is wrong with me, the tank or gas station.

·
Registered
814 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have any extra emissions shit in your tank would you? i.e charcoal canisters, etc?

That could take up a bit, plus if the fuel pump is in tank (probably).

They may have calculated tank size without any parts in it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ethanol

Hi Jakarta,
Think I know what your problem is. You need to fill her up with some ethanol treated gas. The tank will swell to the final 17 litre capacity as designed. :naughty:

Try again, squeeze gas out, only fill into 13 litres. I don't know what is wrong with me, the tank or gas station.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts