MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had recently gotten a F4 2010. I noticed the inner fairing heat shield is coming off. Any thing I can use to stick it back? I was recommended cobbler glue but was worried that it might react with the plastics and its adhesive at high temp.

·
Vendor
5,638 Posts
Any high temp silicone will do the job.I had to glue the edges on mine also.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Will get some tonight. By the way, is it normal to feel some resistance in the chain when neural is engaged?

·
Vendor
5,638 Posts
Put your bike on the rear stand and check your chain adjustment,too tight is not good.

·
Vendor
5,638 Posts
Do yourself a favour and buy a rear stand,you should have one for chain maintainance at least.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm using a public carpark with no one to help me prop it up. I'll be getting one anyway. Regarding the silicon adhesive, I can only find these 2 as attached but it is stated for gasket use. I went to the local loctite distributor but they say it is reordering and take up to a month.

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,638 Posts
I'm using a public carpark with no one to help me prop it up. I'll be getting one anyway. Regarding the silicon adhesive, I can only find these 2 as attached but it is stated for gasket use. I went to the local loctite distributor but they say it is reordering and take up to a month.
Either one will do fine mate.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok I had managed to stick the thermalinsulator back on, now waiting for it to sure. However, I noticed another issue, the height adjuster linkage was corroded with a crusty like scale, I suspect is acid corrosion but the battery is ok, no leak found. Anyone got the same problem? I try to see if I can remove the linkage and clean it or should I get a replacement?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts