MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have a 2010 F4 and am wanting to access the air filter to check its condition. I have had all the bodywork off before when cleaning the bike but have never taken the gas tank off to get down to the filter. The owner’s manual does not describe how to do this but I know it is not that hard based on what I have read here on the board.

What are the steps I need to take to get to the filter? Also, once that far, what is involved in changing the plugs out to an iridium version? I put iridiums into my Ducati Multistrada and could immediately feel a difference in smoothness of idle…so, it likely will not hurt my prized MV, either.

Thanks!

The Tom

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
You have to take off rear fairing, all the stuff on the front including the air runners, remove fuel tank per the book and then you can get to the airbox to remove it.

Plugs will be easily accessed at that point and you can change them. I was going to put NGK iridiums in mine and asked NGK what plug it should be. They advised not to change from the race plugs as there could be a clearance conflict internally with the ground straps. Don't know if that's bs or not but I didn't do it just in case. Still ran fine anyway. Like the swiss watch it is.

·
Registered
318 Posts
bumping this thread...

which model plugs are you referring to for "race"?
Original plug is NGK CR9 EB
Iridium plug is NGK CR9 EIX.

I plan to change my plugs as my bike has started to run poorly on hot days (at the track) and I am stipping her down and making sure everything looks ok before i go too far into the electronics (with Chris) or stip the actual engine :(

·
Super Moderator
22,504 Posts
This is a FOUR YEAR OLD THREAD

·
Registered
318 Posts
is that what 2011 means???

OEM spark plugs are still the CR9 EB and the irridium from other similar (or older) threads is still CR9 EIX.
Since i use my bike mainly on the track, i would like to know the part number for the NGK "race" spark plug reffered to in this thread as I have not been able to find it.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

OEM spark plugs are still the CR9 EB and the irridium from other similar (or older) threads is still CR9 EIX.
Since i use my bike mainly on the track, i would like to know the part number for the NGK "race" spark plug reffered to in this thread as I have not been able to find it.
What bike do you have :stickpoke

·
Super Moderator
22,504 Posts

http://www.redracingparts.com/english/motorbikesmotorcycles/partsandaccessories/ngksparkplugs/brand/mvagusta.php

Secomd for the top and second from the bottom are "Racing Use Only"...numbers start with R00...

Of course, you could pull your plugs and match thread and reach to this chart: View attachment RacingSpecs2013.pdf

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a 2010 F4.

I saw the red racing site but the do not list the 2010+ f4...they also seem to only list 2 part numbers.

I assume that since the gen1, gen2 and others all use the same original plug (cr9 eb) that the racing plug would be the R0045J10.

Donsy, what are you using for your race bike?

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
?

http://www.redracingparts.com/english/motorbikesmotorcycles/partsandaccessories/ngksparkplugs/brand/mvagusta.php

Secomd for the top and second from the bottom are "Racing Use Only"...numbers start with R00...

Of course, you could pull your plugs and match thread and reach to this chart: View attachment 252466
Chuck;

the "C" means M10x1.0
the "R" means a resistor plug
the "9" is the heat range
the "E" means 3/4" reach

and $19+ each is a joke......$40+ for a racing plug????

Ebay........$26.84 for 4 iridium NGK plugs $2.65 shipping

:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,504 Posts
I learn something new every day!

(Noel, I will call you back when we are both awake one of these days!!!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts