MV Agusta Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Full disclosure - there is no paperwork for this bike. It was brought to a performance shop in the beginning of the year by a facebook marketplace buyer wanting a pre-buy inspection. The prospective buyer was told the bike had been run without oil and would not crank a full rotation smoothly, if at all.

After the shop filled the buyer in on the condition of the engine, the buyer let the seller know hey, your bike is at the shop, the engine is blown, I'm out/no longer interested. I was informed the seller moved to California since the bike had been essentially abandoned. The shop attempted to reach the owner all summer to no avail and had scheduled a tow for the bike because at that point they wanted it gone. I called the tow company that would be picking it up and asked what will happen to this bike if it gets picked up and the answer I was given is that it would be crushed within a few weeks. I would not be able to purchase the bike from impound.

I refuse to let this bike be crushed, so I paid the storage fees on the bike ($25/daily) and I now have possession of it.

The bike has some scuffing on the cases on both sides, and fairings, missing a mirror, the footpeg for the rear brake, but otherwise it appears to be in pretty darn good shape.

It has 7274 miles on it, computer seems functional and sensors/gauges operational (sidestand, horn, lights etc)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Bumper

I would be willing to disassemble the bike and sell it complete with no frame, given export and customs I would not be able to ship it completely assembled.

I paid for a VIN / History search on the bike, there does not seem to be a lien and it's not reported stolen. I would be willing to forward the report to a prospective buyer of any parts.

If you are in the states and want to take the bike whole, $3500 obo and you can arrange transport.
If you are outside the states I can do the same price of $3500 obo but there will be no frame included. I can crate it up and ship at the buyers expense.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,956 Posts
And now @StuRat ... an introduction is in order. Please post in the "New Member" section and tell us more about yourself, and do you have an MV of your own? What part of Florida are you in?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
And now @StuRat ... an introduction is in order. Please post in the "New Member" section and tell us more about yourself, and do you have an MV of your own? What part of Florida are you in?
I actually have never ridden an MV. I literally paid months of backed storage to save it from being crushed, and that's all the experience I have with an Agusta. I did sit on it and make some WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE noises, if that counts.

I've had a multitude of bikes over the years, everything from an NSR250 to a Buell X1. I primarily love the big twins, the RSV mille being my all time favorite. SV1000... and yes the tuber POS buells I love blowing the crank seals on those all the time. If it runs on gas, chances are I'll beat the brakes off it.

I mainly ride standup jetskis now but am getting back into riding, it's time to hang up the life jacket. I had a mess of tickets stack up, several friends pass away in incidents that weren't their fault, and I lost the drive. I putt my dad's 78 KZ1000 around when he asks me to but just recently I decided I'd rather get back to the track whether someone is with me or not. I will add info when I can, I am trying to do some work today as well and not just hang on the forums.

Nice to be back. If nobody ends up wanting the MV, I had considered just doing a rebuild and sourcing what I could used parts and just having it as a track demon.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Cloud Sky

Plant Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: pmalik

·
Old Wing Nut
22,956 Posts
MV F4 makes a great track bike...as a matter of fact, that is where it belongs.
That's where I ride mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MV F4 makes a great track bike...as a matter of fact, that is where it belongs.
That's where I ride mine.
I think a member here is going to take possession of it. I'd rather have someone who has a fleet or is a collector that needs spares take it then break it up. Realistically I'm not a huge fan of inline fours and would much rather find another RSV or SV1000, I'd feel terrible wadding up an f4.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,956 Posts
How about a V4 ?? This one just came on the market. I can attest to the owner. He takes care of his machines;

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't spend more than $3500 on my bikes typically. The two factors in that are if your grandparents pull out in front of me in traffic because they shouldn't have a license anymore, I'm dead all the same. That and I'm broke. $15k would get me into a house this year, I don't need a maintenance hooker.

I do all my own work. I don't take things anywhere, i buy used. All out of necessity. I would assume at a minimum most of you guys make triple or quadruple what I do in a year and can afford this kind of stuff, but I can't. I always just got lucky finding a bike from someone that just needed it gone or didn't know what they had.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,956 Posts
Happy the original owner will get his bike back.. Good on you for saving it !!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting, did the end up buying it back off you?
I started to make arrangements with a member here before finding the owner. Had some friends do some digging and he ended up reaching out to me. I told him since it was basically on the chopping block it's mine to do whatever I want with... but I told him I'd rather just have him get it back in his possession and he offered to match what the member was paying. Gotta wait til after the holiday but if anything changes it just goes back up for sale. He said he's gonna work a few doubles to make it happen but I'd much rather just get him his bike back. He didn't have anyone here who could help him ship it

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nice - everyone wins (hopefully the storage fees you paid were less than the ~$3k), and he's got the paperwork so it's worth more than that to him.

Interesting the shop didn't go through the mechanics lien process, probably not worth their time for something with a blown motor.

·
Registered
Mv Agusta F4 1000 - 2005
16 Posts
Full disclosure - there is no paperwork for this bike. It was brought to a performance shop in the beginning of the year by a facebook marketplace buyer wanting a pre-buy inspection. The prospective buyer was told the bike had been run without oil and would not crank a full rotation smoothly, if at all.

After the shop filled the buyer in on the condition of the engine, the buyer let the seller know hey, your bike is at the shop, the engine is blown, I'm out/no longer interested. I was informed the seller moved to California since the bike had been essentially abandoned. The shop attempted to reach the owner all summer to no avail and had scheduled a tow for the bike because at that point they wanted it gone. I called the tow company that would be picking it up and asked what will happen to this bike if it gets picked up and the answer I was given is that it would be crushed within a few weeks. I would not be able to purchase the bike from impound.

I refuse to let this bike be crushed, so I paid the storage fees on the bike ($25/daily) and I now have possession of it.

The bike has some scuffing on the cases on both sides, and fairings, missing a mirror, the footpeg for the rear brake, but otherwise it appears to be in pretty darn good shape.

It has 7274 miles on it, computer seems functional and sensors/gauges operational (sidestand, horn, lights etc)

View attachment 490266
View attachment 490267
View attachment 490268 View attachment 490269 View attachment 490270 View attachment 490271

I would be willing to disassemble the bike and sell it complete with no frame, given export and customs I would not be able to ship it completely assembled.

I paid for a VIN / History search on the bike, there does not seem to be a lien and it's not reported stolen. I would be willing to forward the report to a prospective buyer of any parts.

If you are in the states and want to take the bike whole, $3500 obo and you can arrange transport.
If you are outside the states I can do the same price of $3500 obo but there will be no frame included. I can crate it up and ship at the buyers expense.

I do not mean to offend you but i do have $ 2000 since it has no paperwork on it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just figured I'd post an update. He has until the 12th to pay me to ship it back or pay me for it back and after that it's for sale openly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.