MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rite guys....i have the 2010 F4 in platinum/silver and i love the bike (its great!)
but the exhaust makes me feel sick every time i look at it...i think it looks cheap and badly finished for the type of bike your paying for.

So...i love the look of the Bodis exhaust on the F4 before mine, and i like the exhaust to look polished (or at least not rusty). Im unsure if i want to keep the square pipes as the end or go back to the oval/round ones.

Has anyone seen any exhaust for the 2010 F4 yet??....if not i'll just have to polish mine and make it look like a mirror haha.

:drummer:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Rite guys....i have the 2010 F4 in platinum/silver and i love the bike (its great!)
but the exhaust makes me feel sick every time i look at it...i think it looks cheap and badly finished for the type of bike your paying for.

So...i love the look of the Bodis exhaust on the F4 before mine, and i like the exhaust to look polished (or at least not rusty). Im unsure if i want to keep the square pipes as the end or go back to the oval/round ones.

Has anyone seen any exhaust for the 2010 F4 yet??....if not i'll just have to polish mine and make it look like a mirror haha.

Steve Wood lives in your neck of the woods and he got his polished locally

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I don't understand what there is not to like about the exhaust. After reading you guys comments I've walked into the garage to take another look at mine and can't seem to find whats wrong. I think it looks 'industrial' and I kind of like that. The coloration alongside the welding is just some corrosion due to the welding process. I believe they left that there on purpose.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have to say i agree with the bunch that finds it absolutely hideous!! That welding seem on the side is just one of the worst i have ever seen on any motorcycle! And to find it on this exeptional motorcycle is just a no no. However i did drop an email to Bodis, and they say they will manufacture an exhaust, but not sure when its gone be finished, at the latest to the Intermot fair though.....

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I would contact Bodis and see if they will make a round organ pipe exhaust for the 2010's. They are your best bet.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
It Don't Botter Me At All
I Like It.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
It was one of the things I didn't like when I saw the 2010 F4 in the show room for the first time. But, I think the pre-2010 model also had the same weld. On a related note, Ducati's Termi welds look horrible too.

On the plus side, I didn't even notice the welds when I took that test ride on Saturday. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
ill be honest im not a big fan of the exhausts also. imo they make the bike look like a jap undertail bike. im in line to buy my 2010 next week but i been lookin hard for the 09 312 1098 hard...

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
I havent been fortunate enough to see a 2010 F4 in the flesh yet, but from all the pics that have been posted here I must admit the look of the square exhausts and also the poor quality welds/corrosion....that have left me a little disappointed with the bike. I'm interested to see how that might change when I get to see one up close and personal.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
is it really that big of a deal?

Doesn't even bother me looking at pics....it's an exhaust. It's like a colon for bikes. Not meant to be the prettiest thing out there. I think the tips look good. The weld is nothing to fret over.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I think the square exhausts are not one of the new bikes strongest points, even in RG4 format with carbon tips they are still not beautifull,
The orig F4 pipes are a thing of beauty and I never considered any alternative on mine. I suspect that someone will eventually make a system for the new bike, my preference would be 4 oval pipes

·
Banned
1,449 Posts

I agree with you about the exhausts, the finish is dog ruff on all the F4's that I have purchased over the last 10 years, however they are very easy to remove and have polished. I had mine polished before it was even put on the road, if you would like to send me a PM, I'll send you the company phone number.:conveyer:

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks good polished, i just ordered all the polishing stuff i need to do it myself.....if my effort doesnt turn out as nice as that then i will get them to do it haha.

Good to see your nice and local too!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Wet sand it with 1200 grit sandpaper before polishing and it will come out just like the pic above Benny.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
+1 Polish

·
Registered
49 Posts
2009 F4 1078

If you're in the USA, there are only single digits of 2009's reminaing in the network available for sale. Dealers can transfer between shops so even if your local dealer does not have the bike, they can pull one of the last from another dealer's inventory if need be. Your local / preferred dealer can also call MVUSA on your behalf for assistance to locate any remaining '09 models. Don't delay, as nearly all are gone, especialyl in the last 30-60 days, and they surely won't be making any more!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts