MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I love my BRUTALE but ive been starting to have an issue.

When I go to start the bike the dash flickers like my battery is not strong enough to start the bike and the dash does a full reset. It resets my tripometer when this happens also. Very frustrating. Anyone have an idea why this is happening. Its been more and more frequent lately. I plugged in my battery charger last night. Im sure its the original battery

Why would this happen ... is my starter going? Also yesterday the bike would fight to turn over also. And one time i hit the starter just once and it kept trying to start the bike like i was hitting the starter button mulitple times.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Buy a new battery. Ensure it is correctly initialized and charged fully. Make certain you install it with correct polarity.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Yes. You will find that the battery supplied with that bike is a Koyo. The Koyo batteries do not last. I have the same bike. When I replaced the P.O.S. Koyo with a proper Yuasa, the starting issues went away. Two years now, no issues.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
There is also a thread about replacing the cabling fro m the battery to the system with beefier cables. Try the SEARCH function. There are dozens of Battery/Starting Issue threads.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks hope this works...lol My front brake is squeaking also with only 6k miles on bike.... why would that happen and best way to fix?

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Clean your discs with a quality brake cleaner and check your pads for wear.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Check the connector going to your starter solenoid under the seat and see if the wires are exposed or look to be fusing together. I had a short here that melted the wires, 40amp fuse plastic and fused the connector to the solenoid. Symptoms began like yours, reset dash, trying to start constantly, even after the key was off! Anyways, you could probably check my thread:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106650&highlight=starter+solenoid

This was a while after the benign type symptoms you describe. If you get it running and these wires get quite warm, they shouldn't, then they're probably shorting a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts