MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I picked up a nail in my rear tire of my 2010 1090rr couple weeks ago. I put a mushoom plug in the hole and its holding air so far. It has 4k miles on it so no big deal.

Just ordererd a new set of dunlop q3 tires. Can someone please tell me what special tools I will need to remove both front and rear wheels. My buddy has a tire change setup in his garage and he lets me use it. (he actually does all the work while I watch and try to help)

I know I need a special tool to remove rear wheel....where can I get one??? Is there anything special needed to remove front wheel? or any other special tools needed to complete this job? He is used to doing tires on our jap bikes.

thanks so much!!!

Mike
Long Island NY

·
Super Moderator
22,108 Posts
Mike go to the maintenance section of the forum, click on Donsy's link, find your manual and download it. Do some reading.

The rear wheel nut is reverse threaded and 2% tapered.

The front is fairly well straight forward.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help... So it looks like I need a special tool for the rear wheel removal. Going to seach the net now to find one.

·
Registered
876 Posts
If you like to travel very far from home you might want to get the aluminum 55mm tool for rear wheel removal. Most shops won't have it on hand. I carry it in the inside pocket of my jacket.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I picked up the TPO steel rear wheel nut socket and the steering stem socket for a decent price, but shipping was nearly the same cost as the tools to Canada. Maybe it's just be, but I prefer steel tools over aluminum. Only beef is that it's not a pass through socket attachment, so you can't torque from the sprocket side clockwise.

·
Super Moderator
22,108 Posts
That's ok as long as your torque wrench will torque both directions.

·
Super Moderator
22,108 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts